Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Thanks for help with the Elite Cameo proofs

With Carl Wolhforth's assistance, I managed to finish my nickel proofs. I gave up looking for my lost 1942 Type 2. -- I know I had one. --- image

My main focus has been on the 1950-1964 proof series. While Elite Cameo is currently #1, I am suspicious of Honeycutt's late, new entry at such a high point total. (Honeycutt, you already have some #1's, why not share?) image;

Regardless of outcome and at the risk of revealing my sources, I'd like to thank the collectors and dealers that helped me get the set to this level:

Carl Wohlforth - Helped with nickels, of course, but also guidance

R&I - Alex Bivin - Actively sourced many of the coins and helped with the Christmas discounts

Jeff Werlin - Many of the cameos were from raws from jwcameo

Lloyd Purnell - If you see a top pop 1, it probably was EUL's - where does he find those coins??? Special coin was the 1953 50c pr67dcam. A great coin in support of my birthyear.

Mark Chrans - Worked a deal on the 1958 5c Pr68dcam - awesome coin

Eric Kreuter (via Heritage) - Beefed up my roosies. My apologies to the other bidders

Al Chio - I think bought his whole Jeff collection

David Lawrence - Most consistent coin rating system to communicate the coins appearance

Morris at mnmcoin - Searched my Elite listings to find I needed the 1959 5c Pr 68Dcam. Eye popping.

Pepperdoodles and NACTcoin- Consistent descriptions and always some interesting coins

bigbootie - For the 1954 25c in pr68 Dcam

totaltravelsolutions - Many of my Lincolns came from this registry set

Stuart Blay via Heritage - Got a few of Stu's Lincolns

Nick at onlyroosies, Jeff at jeffnpcb, Jared at poptopsRus, and Mike at idocoins helped with coins directly from this forum. Thanks to Bill at njcoincrank for guidance at the trade/grade.

Teletrade, Heritage and EBay - providing national reach for buying and selling

Finally PCGS, thanks for setting up the registry and the forums (Please start crossing some of my NGC coins.)

Apologies go to Steve Churchill, Conrad with CGMIII and Richard Hauley. I admired your registry sets and decided that it looked like something that I wanted to do.

It has been fun. Thanks to everyone. image
Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties

Comments