Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Tell me about the luncheons

I have had a Registry Set for a couple of years. In fact, I have five of them. Would someone please tell me about the Registry Set luncheons. I am interested as to what goes on at these events. I can't attend this year's luncheon but might go out of my way to attend future ones based on the response I get to this thread.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    RickMilauskasRickMilauskas Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭
    Yeah...what goes on at the luncheons? I'm new at the registry set thing and am curious.image
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You eat! (duh)

I was at the event last year. We started by having a very nice lunch. Later David Hall gave a nice talk and presented the best set awards to those in attendence you reveived one. Also, there was a Q&A session. Was certainly worth the time to me. I will do it again when I can get to a show where the event is offered.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    I attended one last year in Baltimore, and I can say that PCGS went all out. We all enjoyed a very nice lunch, met other registry set owners, seen some of the great registry set owners recieve there awards, and a Q&A with the man himself. I got to meet some of the top set holders ( tradedollarnut) Legends, and a merc.guy those name alludes me. I am a Roosey guy and was happy I went to see Nick Cassio get his award but he was not there in person. I would recommend it to any set member to attend at least once. Thanks BJ for the invite. Mistercoinman
  • Options
    Was the owner of California Morgan Silver Dollar Basic Set Registry Set in attendance to receive the award?
  • Options

<< <i>Was the owner of California Morgan Silver Dollar Basic Set Registry Set in attendance to receive the award? >>

I don't think so, but he did buy a bunch of Morgans from my dealer.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    From the archives of luncheon discussions...
    Lunch
  • Options

<< <i>From the archives of luncheon discussions...
    Lunch >>

This is totally unrelated to the registry luncheon.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is totally unrelated to the registry luncheon. >>

May I say: "In your hat!"?
    Did you bother to check the date?
    THAT WAS THE REGISTRY LUNCHEON!
    One of the first...
    Our clue?: the word "Archives".
    As you will see, "Lunch" is from almost THREE YEARS AGO.
    ...just a little background for those with, perhaps 780 posts who may say:
    "Tell me about the luncheons"...
    Did you really think that pcgs just jumped into inviting registrants to a lunch?
    From my recollection. Mitch started the whole thing...
    Eventually, after a few invitations, Miles finally joined in, enjoyed himself, paid for the group, THEN it became a pcgs thing, and the rest you probably do know...
  • Options
    My wife and I went to last year's in Baltimore. Had a great time, met some nice people
    at our table and enjoyed ourselves. We would be going this year except that she will
    be within 3 weeks of her due date and for some strange reason doesn't want to go
    out of the state to a coin show. image
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.