Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Player Card Storage

Here is what I am thinking about doing so I thought I would get your opinions on this. I have spent a lot of time organizing a very large collection and the majority of my cards are sorted by player in 100-800 count boxes depending upon the qty I have. The only problem with that is any card with any value that I put in a top loader I put in other boxes.

I noticed MJ roop has those labels for the shoe boxes which look pretty decent and aren't too expensive. I was wondering if anyone has bought any of those and had any input. I want to get almost all of my cards put in standard shoe boxes and then organize them alphabetically for each sport.

I was also thinking of putting all the inexpensive player cards into team bags where I can fit 30 or more sometimes, that way they won't move around as much in the shoe boxes, what do you guys think.

Also, looking at the set binders MJ Roop offers I was wondering if anyone has any input on the 86 fleer binder that they have on special right now. Thanks guys.

Comments

• Options
    Anyone have any input on this?
  • Options
    The MJ roop boxes are a nice way to store and even display your collection. But my god they can be expensive. When organizing your collection first think about a couple of scenarios. The expensive cards you have in top loaders are they or will they be displayed? Either way the MJ roops are a great choice. I took a good look at then at the last Ft Washington show and they seem a solid but expensive choice. I dont have any and may never, for now my collection is in the 1$ boxes and the PSA boxes, yet my ultimate goal is to put them in Oak display cabinets and rotate what I put in there according to my mood.
    Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Gregory Voit
    AKA..
    Ebay - mpn2gwvputty
    Ratso of the Booze Junkies MC
  • Options
    I think it's all relative to what you have. Top-loaders and shoeboxes are no way to store '52 Mantles and MJ Roop may be a bit too pricey for a Ryan Leaf collection.

Brian