Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Special thanks and a neat Darkside to share

First of all, thanks to Rob (LM) for the neat Vichy France occupation coins and the cool Jamaican coins, and the neat freebie! image

Thanks to Terry (spinaker2000) for the cool Canadian toners and the Franc toners !! image

Finally, a big thanks to Bill (cosmicdebris) for help in attaining this neat looking Goetz 5 Mark pattern. image
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on; I don't do these things to other people, I require the same from them."

Comments

• Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    Your Goetz piece is not a five mark pattern...it is a commemorative medal. Goetz originally had submitted this design under encouragement from the director of the Munich mint. A competition was in place for a new coin to mark the occasion of the 80th Birthday of President Paul von Hindenburg. The pattern (opus 387) was presented to the Ministry of Finance in Berlin, which did not approve it but suggested that Goetz remove the Fünf Reichsmark from the reverse rim of the coin and, thus, change it into a commemorative medal. Goetz did just that and opus 386 was born, the Goetz medal with the largest circulation approximately 130,000 silver strikes, several thousand gold, and as many bronze strikes. Goetz was never paid his percentage of the net profit by the company publishing the medal, W. & Company. Actual 5 Mark patterns do exist but they are very rare and expensive..
  • Options
    glad you likes'em!! image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405

Received the exact coin in the mail today. Congrats on yours. I really like the design null
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams