Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Registry Set Images posted for 1904 Proof Set

I finally have a reasonably good digital camera set-up with a small camera stand and proper lighting. The images aren't perfect, but acceptable, but I always feel that I can improve my technique with practice and trial and error.

Here's the link to my 100 year-old proof set: Linky
Dr. Pete

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins Dr. Pete!

You might be able to get better photos with halogen or other daylight type bulbs. I think the gold color is caused by the lights you are using.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    badgerbadger Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Great looking coins. Special set for 100 years old.
    Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
    1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    I am still trying different lighting conditions. My main set up uses two 100 watt incandescent bulbs tilted at an angle and for some I added a third light, a halogen. I know others take their coins outdoors and use natural light. I will keep trying and see what works best. None of the images were altered except for the resizing, that is, I didn't do any color balance or other tweaking.
    Dr. Pete
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    Peter............Nice shots; background looks better. I read that by tilting the coin slightly produces excellent results. Thanks for sharing !
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    a simply AMAZING.......................... set of coins

wild!!

michael
  • Options
    Very nice coins! Working on a 1905 set for next year? image
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Now thats a nice set Doc. Barbers are really nice coins and in Proofs they look even better. Enjoy and Thanks for sharing it with us.