Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Ugh! BGS now puts the subgrades & verification number on label's front

Just got these back from BGS (these are a customer's cards, not mine). They have always had the subs and verification number on the front of their oversized/tall boy holder, but now they're doing it with regular cards also. I don't like it at all, crowds the label too much in my opinion. On the reverse of the label it states

The World's Most Trusted
Source in Collecting
Beckett Grading Services

What do ya'll think?

Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com

Comments

• cheap, ugly, cheesy....much like Dr. Beckett himself
  • As it is, ugly.

Would be better if they just put this info in small font somewhere on the label:

Ce 9
    Co 10
    E 9.5
    S 9

Or in one line: CE 9 CO 10 E 9.5 S 9

I understand what they're trying to do...put that info on the front to make it more accessable, but they could make it less intrusive.
    Police: Are you classified as human?

Korben Dallas: Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    strange looking...ok....so now are our old label beckett cards worth more or less??? i know they dont have as great a reputation anymore but i have quite a few from 3-4 yrs ago when they were the toughest out there and going for alot more then psa...interesting what will happen... with it being UGLIER the old ones should be worth MORE!!! LOL

loth
  • Way too much info on the front. The only positive is that one would no longer need to ask seller what the subs are since he only scanned the front, but I doubt I'll be buying much more Beckett anyway.

Brian
  • JonBJonB Posts: 495
    ... just when I thought they couldn't get any worse.

no wonder I pay the shipping fees to send cards to PSA instead of making the 30 minute drive to beckett headquarters and saving myself $50 in shipping per order
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Where do they fit the "quality of trimming" grade? image

What a bunch of crapola...
  • kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Way too much crap on the front. Very bad idea on Beckett's part.