Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Midwest Coin Show In Chicago-Thanks Everyone

I want to thank everyone for your advice to attend the show on the first or second day. I generally attend on a Saturday or Sunday because of work commitments and I'm always disappointed because dealers are leaving and everything seems picked over. I took all your advise and attended the Chicago shoe today (Friday).....lots of dealers, lots of people early, and a lot more coins to choose from............I only wish I had more cash! Don't we all. Thanks again to everyone for the advise. This forum is sure helpfull.

Comments

• Options
    Please provide a few more details... What was hot and what was not?
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to the Mid-America coin show in Chicago these past 2 days and this is what I found.

If you collect Gold and Morgan dollars...you were in luck! image

I don't collect either 1 so I was not in luck image although there was alot to choose from. Lots of raw material and early date proof stuff (1950-64). The bourse floor was very busy on Fri. and quite slow on Sat., with some dealers leaving around 12-2pm. NO PCGS image table what so ever and very disappointing!

The show had about 75% of the tables from last year.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Yes, there were a couple of tables that were set up with Morgan Dollars and it looked inviting. I was there looking for a couple of slabbed PCGS Mercs and I walked away with one. The place was really busy early on Friday morning. I was hoping to find a few more PCGS slabbed Mercs to choose from. Of course...Larry Whitlow Ltd. had a bunch to choose from as they usually do. Its all about the cash you can find to spend on this hobby. I figure its going to take me 7 years to complete the Merc set! Have fun hunting!!