Options
Rotated reverse on Peace medal in C&C Lewis and Clark Set
I just got my Set today and was looking it over for errors, BTW The Commemorative Dollar is at least a MS69.Possibly a 70 I dont see a tic on it with 5x magnification.The Sac is mirrored about a MS65 with a few problems ,The nickels are typical mint set quality,nothing to brag about .Then, I noticed the replica Peace Medal has a 5 % clockwise rotated reverse.The E in PEACE is centered instead of the A. And B4 you ask,Yes I know that the holder can rotate.When I got it, all the coins needed to be reorientated to thier proper position.
Thats when I noticed it.It's not going to bring any extra value to the set,I was just wondering if any body else had the same thing
With a mintage of 50k maybe the peace medal has some potential.I think the mint did a good job designing this, but the price is too
high for what we get for our money.
Worth about $70 IMHO.They shoulda done the right thing and made the nickels Matte Finish.Yeah!
Oh well, there's always next year.I better start saving up for it now!
Thats when I noticed it.It's not going to bring any extra value to the set,I was just wondering if any body else had the same thing
high for what we get for our money.
Worth about $70 IMHO.They shoulda done the right thing and made the nickels Matte Finish.Yeah!
Oh well, there's always next year.I better start saving up for it now!
1997 Matte Nickel strike thru U
"Error Collector- I Love Dem Crazy Coins"
"Money, what is money? It is loaned to a man; he comes into the world with nothing and he leaves with nothing." Billy Durant. Founder of General Motors. He died a pauper.
0