Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

macro mode

when in this mode, you ARE supposed to use the zoom in feature on the camera, right?
USPI minimalist design collage
designset
Treasury Seals Type Set

Comments

• Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    yes
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I do on my camera.
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    On my camera (canon A60) it has a seperate macro focus adjustment measured in inches.
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    In general, the less zoom you use the pictures will be sharper. Kinda a tradeoff there. Nikon has a little flower icon the stays green when you are in good zoom areas and will turn white when the zoom gets too much. I believe you are using a Nikon by the other thread?
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    bingo! I just read about the green flower-it also flashes when things go bad!
    USPI minimalist design collage
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
  • Options
    Can't use the zoom on my camera on macro mode. Well, you can, but I can get closer to the coin and get it in focus w/o zoom. With zoom, camera has to be 3x further away, and the coin would be about 2/3 times smaller than w/o zoom. It's gay.

• Options
    Oh yea... Amazingly, only 24 or so days after the TX quarter release, my bank (in WV, eastern US, hicksville...) managed to have 4 TX quarters. Grabbed all 4. So yea, i now have 4 spiffy (well, 3. One has a nice hit on the TX state. The other 3 are decent) TX quarters. All Philly. Got a friend in LA on the lookout for some Denver mint coins to snail mail to me.
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Sure thing. I zoom as much as I can in macro mode.
  • Options

<< <i>In general, the less zoom you use the pictures will be sharper. Kinda a tradeoff there. Nikon has a little flower icon the stays green when you are in good zoom areas and will turn white when the zoom gets too much. I believe you are using a Nikon by the other thread? >>

That's only true if you use an interpolated zoom. An optical zoom factor retains its crispness for the full range. That's one reason why you see cameras and camcorders showing optical range and digital range.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    I spent quite a few hours shopping for digital cameras yesterday armed with the entire thread printed out that many

of you took time to respond to. The sheer volume of cameras and possibilities, with the only knowledge I have being that

which you guys provided me with, made dizzy and I ended up leaving with nothing. Now I'm looking on eBay armed with that

same thread and I just cannot make up my mind. Everyone's pictures look so nice. Damn, I hate "Not knowing". That

vulnerable, "ignorant" feeling shoots holes through my Astral Plane!image It's making me ill.image
  • Options
    Well, one of the first rules of photography I learned years ago is to take as many pics of the same thing as you can because chances are you'll hate most of them.
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    my sony dcrdvd300 works fine on stills, so fine I noticed it picked up what I used to steady this coin from rolling..anyone know what it was?

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    do you use photoshop to super impose one coin on another?

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Here's another stupid question but I have to ask. Can I use me cam corder to do the same thing? No!?
  • Options
    Yes, but the quality of the optics on most digital cameras surpass the quality of camcorder ones.
  • Options
    well, the sony dcrdvd300 is a camcorder that uses cd as a storage medieum..goes straight to your dvd player should you take movies, stills i transmit to pc and them manipulate in photoshop..which I have 7 if someone wants a copy.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options

<< <i>anyone know what it was? >>

A notebook.
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Looks like some sort of velvety presentation case holding up RFK.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    Is it sugar that keeps it from rolling? Or maybe salt.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file