Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Gold and Silver jumped today!

MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
Wow!
Thanksgiving 2026 National Battlefield Coin Show November 27 & 28, 2026 at the Eisenhower Hotel Ballroom, Gettysburg, PA. No Early Bird passes for this show. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com

Comments

  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭✭
    the calm before the storm


    michael
  • Options
    MonstavetMonstavet Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    Did the dollar fall again today? What does that graph look like in say, euros?
    Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭


    Well, darn. Yesterday I tried to scrape together enough money to buy my annual roll of SAE's, but didn't make it. image


    But, I did happen to buy stocks in my little gold mine and the XAU index. image


    With luck there's another free fishing trip in my future........... I could use one July 4th!


    And to think none of this trading can be done.......... if you believe the propaganda....


    +44% YTD

    image




  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 30,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dollar was down sharply today but it should be remembered that a correlation between
    dollar value and metals value is tenuous at best usually. There is currently a strong relation-
    ship but this is because the forces acting on the dollar just happen to be about the same ones
    propelling all commodity prices higher. There is still a tug of war between the old guard who be-
    lieve inflation is dead and those who believe it's making a comeback. As time goes by the psych-
    ology will change and, as Michael said, this will appear to be merely the calm before the storm
    and the correlation between the dollars and metals will mostly disappear.
    tempus fugit extra philosophiam.
  • Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow! That is a nice jump. I remember when silver was under 6 dollars an ounce not too long ago.

    Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    I have no idea what this all means...but Should I hold my gold or sell it?
    image

    Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭
    Yeh, I commited to selling 60 K-rands last night.

    Ever want to know what to do with bullion, just watch me and do the opposite. You'll do well.

    Thankfully the same experiences don't exist with Numismaticsimage

    Rgrds
    Tom
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

    Pontiac,

    There are long term and short term observations that show Gold does not want to move lower than $380. Perhaps it is wise to Hold until Gold shows that it does not want to go higher. That could be Monday, but I think the odds are far against it.

  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Wow! That is a nice jump. I remember when silver was under 6 dollars an ounce not too long ago. >>



    Wasn't that yesterday? image
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>Wow! That is a nice jump. I remember when silver was under 6 dollars an ounce not too long ago. >>



    Wasn't that yesterday? image >>



    More like 12hrs ago.
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    i guess ill sit on em
    image

    Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know till today that silver had gone over 6 dollars an ounce. imageimage

    Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file