Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What is your CURRENT ..."stopper" ... price?

topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not counting the WONDERCOIN that you may run across or the coin you've been looking for for years.
What is the amount above which you will ABSOLUTELY think twice and hesitate before spending?
As an example, if you generally buy coins regularly and the price for your area of interest is $100, where will the "price demon" show up?


Edited to add: NOT counting a piece to resell but rather a...."keeper."

Comments

  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty even spread so far.

    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    I've paid big money for coins before, but when it approaches the price of a Frame off Restoration ShoeBox Chevy...

    I tend to pause.....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Where's the free to $5 category?

    Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have bought one coin above $250... and it took a while to decide on it... that's my limit for now image

    Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    still voting so ...ttt
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    I just get depressed when I see how much everyone else is spending on coinsimage
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Russ, don't try to sandbag us. You bin offerin some AH Kennedys (ies?) fer 45 bucks and if you were buyin em at under 5, it would mean you are charging a PROFIT! And ...."profit"..... is a dirty word for coin dealers.

    You should know better.

    imageimage
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have several "stopper" prices. It really depends upon the coin.

    Generally if a really special coin came along, I might send all my coins and buy that one.
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    I'm glad to see I am not the only "poor" collector around image

    image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file