Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Ruhr & Rhein 500 Millionen Gilt Goetz Notgeld arrives

Got this from the same seller I got the bronze one from.

Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your pictures better, if this is the one from the auction link from an earlier post. image

• AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    What is that naked guy doing to that bird?image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Cathy the one on eBay was the bronze 50 Millionen. This one is the 500 Millionen Gilt ( Gold plated ) one I got this outside of eBay from the same seller.

The obverse features Prometheus chained to a rock with a Vulture tearing at his Vitals (France tearing at Germany after WWI), and the reverse features The Eternal Flame (Germanys hope will not be extinguished)
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The obverse features Prometheus chained to a rock with a Vulture tearing at his Vitals >>

So he was married to the bird?image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • image Mikey's funny!!
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    GREAT pics!!! Much better than the sellers'. I won my 50 Millionen too.image Do you think he has another 500?
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Congrats Mark. I don;t know if he has another it would not hurt to send him an email.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
  • AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Well, my 50 Millionen came today ... lustrous, but dipped.image BTW, he has another one now ... and it's obvious he's using stock photos since the one in this new auction is the same as the one for the example I won -- and doesn't match the one I won. imageimage
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Since I saw the German 50 Million inflationary Mark on eBay last year, I have been wanting to get one. Then I found out that there was a 500 Million Mark version courtesy of cosmicdebris. Well, I finally snagged one (the 500 Million) and I was surprised that I did not have much competition. image

500 Million inflationary Mark

BTW, cosmicdebris, how big is the 500 Million Mark coin? Is it 33.2 mm like the 50 Million but plated?
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Speaking of notgeld, if anyone ever gold ones for sale, I'd appreciate a heads up.
    A jeweler named Josef Wild made some in 1923-1924 in 25pf & 50pf, and 1,3,5,10,20 mark denominations.

Collector of Fractional Gold; gold tokens from Canada, California, Alaska & other states; gold so-called dollars, and other oddball stuff.
  • All 3 are the same size.
    Bill

09/07/2006
    Thanks for the info! image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    When I get this super denominated coin, I think I will use it as my new pocket piece. Just as a reminder of what can happen to fiat money.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)