Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Krugerrand anniversary proof set

Can anyone help me discover the proper price for this Krugerrand 30th anniversary proof set? I have looked everywhere I can think of to find a listing of it but have had no luck. Even the SA Mint doesn't seem to list it!

It is a UK Edition 1997 30th anniversary Krugerrand 4 coin boxed proof set - the certificate of authenticity says there were only 500 made, which is less than usual so far as I can tell. The four coins are each encased in seals, and sit inside a red upholstered wooden box.

There is one on ebay at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=545&item=3917517728&rd=1

Does anyone know anything about it? or can anyone point me to a resource where I might find out something about it please?

Thankyou.

Comments

• Options
    The answer to this same inquiry posted on another forum looks good to me: image

<< <i>Six 1997 proof sets are listed in the 2005 32nd Ed. of the Standard Catalog of World Coins by Krause & Mishler ("Krause"); numbers PS159-164, with between 3 and 9 coins in each set. The only one which mentions a wood case is PS160, a 4-coin set, indeed consisting of 1/10, 1/4, 1/2, and 1-oz gold. Mintage is specified as 500. Bullion value is in the $700 range. Krause gives that set a market value of $1,200, and puts the other '97 sets in a range of $40-2,500. >>

Roy

• Options
    HI!

Does anyone know if the only Krugerrand proof fractionals with privy/mint mark are those contained in the Krugerrand Anniversary Set?

JCoin