Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Trimmed 1967 cards up for auction on eBay

Trimmed cards from this auction :

What untrimmed cards should look like :

Feel like e-mailing him to ask if all the cards are trimmed, or just the stars ... image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"

Comments

• Well at least the winning bidder should save on shipping.

Brian
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Cards have been in plastic for decades. >>

Oh...okay then!
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Maybe if you leave your cards in plastic for decades, it will eat away at the borders (at a very even rate) until there is nothing left! Note to self: check border dimension on all cards encased in plastic.
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    bobbbcards, you need to start a website with some of your pics. that is an awesome wrapper as your icon. I would love to get some scans of some of your neat stuff since i will probably never own them.
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    pc,

Thanks! Having a website (that people can access) is one of my major goals. Problem is I have too many major goals and not enough time! Being part of the boards here has gotten me motivated to scan cards and stuff when people start to talk about them, but to just sit down and pick a set or run of packs and start scanning is tough. If you want to see anything in particular, you can PM me and I can scan stuff and start a thread or figure out how to give access to my website (now just a placeholder).

Bob

P.S. Didn't mean to hijack thread. You should go back to discussing 1967 Topps Football mini cards!
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

The seller has let me know that I posted misinformation,
    and would appreciate a follow-up post to correct my previous post.

The pictures included with his auction
    were not of the actual cards for sale but of similar cards from someone's website.
    Also, he had permission to use the images, and they were cropped, not trimmed.

I had stupidly assumed that just because someone included a picture with their auction,
    that the picture was of the actual item being sold. That was my bad.

So, my most humble and sincere apology to the seller.

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • You gotta be kiddin? The seller of these crappy cards, with so much ebay experience, uses a "different" photo, other than what he actually has up for auction.

What a moron that seller is - and his lawyer too.
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    I want an apology as well. It seems that they're being handed out like parking tickets these days.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gooooood Morning PSA!
    It's been another great day in the USA and PSA! Would like to comment further but most of my script has been ahhhh.....gone!!!!!!!! I want to apologize for having to apologize. I would say more but my lawyer told me to clam up. So let me just say...have a nice day!
    Keep it clean - my boys are on the job. One is Dan and the other is Don - don't worry about figuring out which is which - they're interchangeable!

Mike