Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My 10 for 10 results

Comments

• Options
    Not too bad......But not too good....
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Not bad, Aknot. The 2 Marino RC 9's alone cover the cost of the grading...
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not bad, Aknot. The 2 Marino RC 9's alone cover the cost of the grading.. >>

Not true. If the grading costs was $250 without shipping costs added. You are still about $100 short. On ebay raw
    the 2 Marino cards should fetch about $70 total while graded as 9's the take should be around $220 total. That
    is a positive $150 without ebay's cut and Psa shipping costs and possible paypal costs. You'll need to pony up
    some more cards to come ahead of the game. I would guess you can based on the submission. But I don't know
    the Callahan's or modern too well.

Regardless, grading cards like the Marino is a good way to keep them mint and maximize profits if you plan to sell
    them.

Good luck!

aconte
  • Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭

<< <i>Not bad, Aknot. The 2 Marino RC 9's alone cover the cost of the grading... >>

Funny thing is they aint going nowhere. Dolphin fan I am and may do a Marino registry the "basic" one. Im sure the Callahans will come close to recouping my money. Everything on the list cept for the Marinos are going to the Bay.

Actually my "free" Callahan grades easily paid for these grades. It was just getting enough "nerve" together to submit again. I still think ONE of the Elways were a 10. I did the %400 under my scanner. Im going to wait til they come back and I will go from there.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    yeah, you're other Callahans did quite well on auction didnt they? Nice job on the Marino 9's too!
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>yeah, you're other Callahans did quite well on auction didnt they? Nice job on the Marino 9's too! >>

Man I really "hate" it when people change their avatars.. Im like who the hell are you watching my...o its you..... image
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Funny thing is they aint going nowhere >>

Aknot
    So a trade would be out of the question?

p_A - damn man, I didn't recognize you! This month seems to have been a busy month for changes.

A special thanx to Aknot for making my signature which goes well with my new stone.

This is a great bunch of guys on the PSA Boards!
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Not bad, Aknot. The 2 Marino RC 9's alone cover the cost of the grading.. >>

Not true. If the grading costs was $250 without shipping costs added. You are still about $100 short. On ebay raw
    the 2 Marino cards should fetch about $70 total while graded as 9's the take should be around $220 total. That
    is a positive $150 without ebay's cut and Psa shipping costs and possible paypal costs. You'll need to pony up
    some more cards to come ahead of the game. I would guess you can based on the submission. But I don't know
    the Callahan's or modern too well.

Regardless, grading cards like the Marino is a good way to keep them mint and maximize profits if you plan to sell
    them.

Good luck!

aconte >>

I didn't break it down that specifically, but he sent in 22 cards ($220 + shipping) and the PSA 9 Marino's are easily bringing around $125 each right now. Therefore, I thought he was close. I don't look at the raw cards having much Ebay value at all (tried to sell any lately? Good luck!).
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>yeah, you're other Callahans did quite well on auction didnt they? Nice job on the Marino 9's too! >>

Man I really "hate" it when people change their avatars.. Im like who the hell are you watching my...o its you..... image >>

Ernie McCracken is always watching!
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    I remember you saying you bought an '84 set....it must have been from a pretty honest seller. By any chance was it Kruk cards? They offer sets like that a lot and have been known for leaving gradeable cards in them.

BTW, guys, one of those marino 9's (#124) is his "instant replay" card. 9's are tough to come by on the '84 set, though, so you still did well to get three of them from one or two sets. Even the Howie Long rookie should sell well since 9's w/o qualifiers don't come up that often by modern standards.
  • Options
    Aknot, let me know if your going to sell the Marino PSA8. As a Dolphins fan I would be interested in picking one up, besides with AJ Feeley at the helm this year I will need a distraction.
    Gregory Voit
    AKA..
    Ebay - mpn2gwvputty
    Ratso of the Booze Junkies MC
  • Options

<< <i>I remember you saying you bought an '84 set....it must have been from a pretty honest seller. By any chance was it Kruk cards? They offer sets like that a lot and have been known for leaving gradeable cards in them.

BTW, guys, one of those marino 9's (#124) is his "instant replay" card. 9's are tough to come by on the '84 set, though, so you still did well to get three of them from one or two sets. Even the Howie Long rookie should sell well since 9's w/o qualifiers don't come up that often by modern standards. >>

I bought two sets from.......WFFL here on the boards. I "freaked" when I saw the "plain brown" boxes they came in. Yet true to his word they were a "factory" set. I had never seen factory sets packed like that.

Thanks again WFFL if your reading this.