Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

UD Exquisite Case Break

I don't remember what was in each box, so I'll post them in the order they are stacked.

Exquisite Rookie Patch (All auto'd):
Boris Diaw 4 clr #/32
Ndudi Ebi 3 clr #/225
Jarvis Hayes 3 clr #/225
Josh Howard 3 clr #/225
Dwyane Wade 2 clr #/99

Exquisite Patches (Auto'd):
Glenn Robinson 3 clr #/100
Amare Stoudemire 3 clr #/100
Mike Bibby 3 clr #/100

Extra Exquisite Jersey:
Shawn Marion #/25
Dr. J #/25

Exquisite Number Pieces (Auto'd):
Paul Pierce #/34

I think the Dr J, Wade and Pierce will do well. The rest will be hit or miss.

Let me know how you think I did.

I'll be putting all of these up on the bay.

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Wow - first off, thanks for sharing that. I don't think you did that badly, but a three box case with no - Lebron, Carmelo, MJ, Kobe, or even KG? That seems like that main problem with this product. I realize every card can't be an MJ or Lebron, but why put Ndudi Ebi or Boris Diaw in a $500 per pack line?

Still, the Wade should do well, and if the Dr J was auto'ed, you would have a smasher. But, I bet you do okay on the deal anyway.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Yeah, kinda what I was thinking. Wasn't real thrilled with the Glenn Robinson, Shawn Marion or Diaw... Ebi is ok since I live in MN, he seems to sell pretty well. The Dr J is out of 25 so I might do alright with that. I swear though, if there is a Pierce, Ebi, Peja or Ming in a box, I will pull it.
  • Options
    Here are links to the scans of the cards if anyone is interested.

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Envoy ill take a guess and say you will close out at 1450$ on all those. hope you do better. but that my guess.

you can check my box break on another thread and im hoping to get 150 back. if im lucky my buy it nows will get hit and i will hit 350$

For you opening a whole case seems like you should of got something better. good luck to you though.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Man that stuff is bad, not one great card in the lot. I can't call a card numbered over 50 or even 30 a great
    card. The rookies are numbered way too high...225 is not rare. It really is too bad that Playoff doesn't go
    basketball because they would come out with just as pretty cards but at 1/4th the price. If I spent
    that much I would be expecting the cards to be MUCH more rarer.

Thanks for sharing

JS
  • Options
    man UD sure does put Glenn RObinson autos in every box. That is like the third box break I saw with that dog sig.

UD sucks for this product. anybody remember UD GRADED 50.00 a pack??
    I bought three cases and packed it out.

You can buy the graded rookies for 2.00 each and the best rookies. pennington, dayne warrick etc. sell for about 40.00 each I think pennington sells for 100.00 or so
    the jersey graded LOL! Those suck

They are killing pack busters with the lottery. Those boxes yield about 80-100 worth of cards at best and at worst 40.00 and sold for 300.00

This product is the same

I mean mike bibby auto jersey, diaw rookies, travis hansen

It is nice stuff no doubt but about a 200.00 pack of cards not 500.00
    Check Out our auctions grandslamcardco on ebay
  • Options
    IM sorry but I have to blame this one collectors, this product was SOLD OUT. We all knew what junk
    UD basketball is and Im sure that everyone else did. I can see someone busting a box or two
    just to get some thrills, but there are major busters of this stuff. When will collectors say "no"?

Its like etopps...its garbage but topps know they can sell it..heck its even worse they don't even
    have to print it up yet!!!!!

This hobby has become more and more like the lottery...what is better....500 lotto tickets or one pack
    of this stuff? This obviously isn't about the investment opportunity anymore, its about the thrill.

UD knows it and will continue to cash in on weak collectors.

JS
  • Options
    It was all about the thrill, nothing more, nothing less. If I would've pulled a Jordan, Lebron or Melo I would have kept in my collection, anything else I had already reserved myself to selling. I was happy I got the Wade. I already had an offer of $300 for it, I might take it. There are a couple on the bay right now that are sitting at about that number but have a couple days left so I'm gonna hold out. The rest of them, I really don't care about. I swear though, if there is a Ming, Peja, Pierce in a box, I will find it. I've gotten more of their jerseys and autos than anyone else. I could do a lot worse, but I wish I had a Jordan/Garnett/Kobe curse instead. image

Thanks for the vote of confidence Kuhlman, but I don't think I'm gonna hit that high. If I got 1450 I would be ecstatic! I think 800 is probably a more realisitic figure, but there is some potential and the Dr J would be the only one (as of this afternoon) and I haven't seen another Pierce out there, so I need to put these up tomorrow, 3 day auctions. If anyone is interested in anything you can pm me, shoot me an email (geek2@comcast.net) or post it here. Pretty much everything is being asked about, even the crappy Glenn Robinson card, which amazed me. LOL

• Options
    envoy
    I was calculating your wade at 500-600$ bc the ones #d to 225 are bringing 200-300$ yours being #d to 99 should bring a lot more. faster you get that out there the more you will get.

anyway good luck to you.
  • Options
    envoy

Could you explain the breakdown of the rookies? you have several numbered to different numbers..are there
    gold rookies and the such?

Thanks
    Kevin
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    yeah..so is my 2001 Playoff Contenders Mike Vick PSA 9 rookie card worth 6000 dollars now??? i mean comparably a card like that made in a fictional UD equisite 2001 UD would cost that much wouldnt it??

loth
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    at 500 a pack them gold rookies better have REAL GOLD in them....

loth
  • Options
    Wade is going up tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it does.

The rookies have some different numbering, not unlike UC. The Top 5 appear to all be #/99 with the rest #/225. There are several variations of each of the rookies as well. For example, my Diaw is #/32, and is marked "Level 2" still, same as the other ones. I've seen another Diaw #/7. The only difference between the regular (silver) and the gold I have is the gold foil and the shorter print run. I don't know what the differences were on the #/7 version I saw earlier. They are neat cards, all on 120pt stock. But at 500/pk it's hit or miss, but then, so is any high-dollar pack. I would honestly rather spend the 450 I spent on one pack of this then 10 packs of UD Graded. The only thing I would compare it to would be leaf limited... I would rather open 7 packs of that for the same price I think. Oh well, I openend a case, that's all I wanted to try and now I'll stop. See how I do and wait for the next "big thing" The allure of "What if" is just too strong for me, i have no will power. LOL
  • Options
    Envoy
    The next big thing comes out in late july 300$ a box srp. the topps encased auto retired players. willie mays is in that run. they auto every card (buyback) every made and #d there rookie card 1 of 1 and the 2nd year card #d to 5 etc..
    Should be a good set. i ordered 5 cases but its highly allocated so i only might get one.
  • Options
    I've been keeping my eye on that stuff since the day I saw it. How cool would it be to pull a Mays/Killebrew/Aaron/Ryan etc auto'd rc #/1? My luck I'll get Carney Lansford. image

I really shouldn't joke about things like that....
  • Options
    Envoy, if you get the Carney Lansford 1/1 RC AUTO I'd die to have it. Carney and I have the same high school alma mater, Wilcox in Santa Clara. Should be a fun product, I've got a case coming.
    Jason
    Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com
  • Options
    I have an 82 Donruss auto'd #/87 if you're interested. image It's out of 03 Donruss Timelines.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    As long as we have drifted onto the subject of that Topps set, imagine if they had combo cards autographed by all the players on them.
    1963 Topps #3 (N.L. HR Leaders) would be very sweet.
    auction with a picture

If you could have multi-player cards signed by all the living players on them (ignore team cards that don't give the players' names on the front), what one would you pick?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    If you would have just waited a few years you would have had a monster return.
    That wade turned out to be a beauty!

Roger-
  • Options
    Oh that's just not right....I've been sulking about that Wade (and the Gold Diaw) for a couple years now. Why did you have to reopen the wound! That exact Wade, I sold for $550 a few weeks after I pulled it. I saw it get sold last year for $6300. The Diaw went for $1100. I think I got $65.

Thanks for twisting the knife again and reminding me.... oh that hurts.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

<< <i>Man that stuff is bad, not one great card in the lot. I can't call a card numbered over 50 or even 30 a great card. >>

Nice call JoeStalin...image
  • Options
    SlangNRoxSlangNRox Posts: 774 ✭✭
    So that $1500 case would be worth over $10k unopened now and around just as much opened with what you pulled from it.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Hey envoy, I ran over your cat and slept with your sister. Also, your house burned down and your job is about to fire you.

Lee
  • Options

<< <i>Hey envoy, I ran over your cat and slept with your sister. Also, your house burned down and your job is about to fire you.

Lee >>

LMAO. That's hilarious.

It does still hurt. I still tell people that story and need to go to the bar afterwards. I even have dealers ask if I have it still...How do they even remember and why do the have to bring it up? I knew it was a pretty decent rip when I got it, and actually I think I paid $425/box at the time. I could've hit the jackpot if I had held on to it. But to be honest, once the Wade would have hit $12-1500 I would have sold it then anyway, there is no way I would have held on to it long enough to cash in at $5 or $6k. So that's what helps me sleep better at night. image

• Options
    What makes it so hard is that there are so few products in recent memory that have made such a jump in value. 04 Exquisite and 01 heritage are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

At least you have a good story to tell. Well, that's what I say every time I get knocked out of a big tourney anyway.

Lee
  • Options
    If it makes you feel better, I sold the entire 03-04 Exquisite Basketball set of rookie auto patches #/225 & #/99 for around $5,000 right before the season started again. I'm an idiot.
  • Options
    This is the problem with dealing in modern cards. Stuff can take a huge jump in a short period of time and make you look like an idiot (if you sold) or a genius (if you bought). It's not like you're going to see a PSA 8 Ryan Rookie go up by 2000%. Myself, I like speculation in general. I just wish less than 95% of modern products weren't plummeting in 2 years so I could get more involved.

Lee
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    If I had the discipline (and the money...lol) each year I would buy 1 box of every product that came out. I would keep them sealed and hidden in the back of my closet to resist the temptation to open them.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation