Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

anybody know anything about 1998 Topps Gold Label?

Baseball.. if so, whats the difference in a Class 1 Black, a Class 2 Black, and a Class 3 Black? Any help is appreciated!

Perry
·p_A·

Comments

• Options
    goodriddance189goodriddance189 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭
    tons of parallels-

class 1 gold, black, red (red 100 serial #/d set)
    class 2 gold, black, red (red 50)
    class 3 gold, black, red (red 25)

and there might be 1/1's for each bracket (9 total for each player). i'm not sure when Topps started doing the 1/1 parallels
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the info.. i have a card that just says "black" under the card number though.. it doesnt say what "class" it is.. ?
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    I too need to know what sets each class apart from the next? Since there is no wording to indicate which class each card is in. Any help?

Nathan Sr.
    Successful purchases: Lawnmowerman(2), Wabittwax, mkg809, thePlasticman

Successful sales: xphunk, vjsteele4, onefasttalon, five7teen, yankeeno7

Successful trades: mijang

Generous Souls: MBMiler25, DES1984
  • Options
    I think the levels were 1 batting, 2 fielding, and 3 running.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    Thanks for the info.

>>class 1 gold, black, red (red 100 serial #/d set)
    class 2 gold, black, red (red 50)
    class 3 gold, black, red (red 25)<<

Does the above referenced data cross over into the football issue as well? Logic says it would.

How about the class differences for football since there is no batting or fielding etc.?

Nathan Sr.
    Successful purchases: Lawnmowerman(2), Wabittwax, mkg809, thePlasticman

Successful sales: xphunk, vjsteele4, onefasttalon, five7teen, yankeeno7

Successful trades: mijang

Generous Souls: MBMiler25, DES1984
  • Options
    I know with baseball, each card had three different poses. I'd assume that football would be the same, just don't know what the poses would be...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

• Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    1998 Topps Gold Label:

Class 1: fielding pose in background
    Class 2: running pose in background
    Class 3: hitting pose in background (except for pitchers)
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Akbar. I knew I had the three poses, just wasn't sure of the order.