Home Q & A Forum
Options

Economy submission times

David, why are you letting the economy submission times lag so far behind? It seems to me that PCGS would would hire another grader is business is so good that it takes up to three months to get an economy submission back to it's customers. I'm sure that I'm not alone when considering taking my business to NGC because their submission times are many times less then PCGS's.
So my quetion is this: What is PCGS doing, if anything, to cut the economy submission time down to a reasonable amount of time?

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    Hi Jason,

We are trying to hire more graders to speed up the turn around time. In fact we added one full time grader about 2 months ago and that has helped quite a bit. We are also using several part time graders.

We have two problems...

1. There are very few people who have the grading skill necessary to be a PCGS grader. We just don't want an apprentice to grade your coins and we refuse to compromise on quality, even if it means losing some business.

2. Everytime we make some progress with the backlog, submissions increase even more. We are now grading twice as many coins as we were three years ago. The market's hot and coin submissions are way up.

We appreciate everyone's patience and we do work on the problem every day.

Thanks,

David