Home Stamps Forum

PSE grading and registry

I finally did it....I just sent 11 stamps off to PSE to be graded. I find the whole idea interesting and an extention of the hobby. Like most people I like nice coins and stamps in nice holders with some sort of guarantee they are original and/or genuine. I am not having them "slabbed" but I also think that is a novel idea....the slabs seem nice. I have studied these stamps for days; looking for thins, reperfs or other faults. I see none...but we will see what kind of a grader I am! I will post the other 8 stamps in the future. Any ideas on how you would grade these........

I say XF-Sup 95 or 98 on the C13 and C14...same on the C15? Will they get the Jumbo Grade? Any thoughts......or am I headed towards disappointmentimage
NICKEL TRIUMPH...

Comments

• GQGQ Posts: 360
    The series of 1902 issues seem difficult to grade. Will this #311 get a XF95? Are the bottom perfs original. Stay tuned.

Or VF80image
    NICKEL TRIUMPH...
    I've had this #506 for years. The Green Parcel Post circular on the Red-Orange stamp is spectacular. I am more interested in knowing if the cancel is genuine....which I think it is. Don't touch that dial.....
    VF80 or XF98?
    NICKEL TRIUMPH...
    The same applies to the #424...the Green Parcel Post cancel being the important item but I am shooting for XF95 or XF98. What do you think?
    The other 5 to follow..........
    NICKEL TRIUMPH...
    Sc. #407 used....Gem 98 or VF75? The margins seem perfect. Are those original perfs? Thanks again for looking and I'll report back in 30 days (so they advertise) or less.....GQ

NICKEL TRIUMPH...EARLY PROOF JEFFERSONS
    NICKEL TRIUMPH...
  • is that a Triumph Bonneville ?
    BTW
    Nice Zepps !
  • Good luck GQ and definitly looking forward to hearing the results. image
  • 100proof....yes....that is a 1977 Triumph Bonneville. Those are what I really collect and show but that is a different story. Laceup...thanks for the 'good luck'...I might need it. What really stresses me out is hidden faults I can't see or detect. Each fault gives a deduction in the over all grade. Again...I am new to this PSE grading thing so we will all see what it's about at my expense!

This stamp went in the lot also....A Sc. #480. VF80 or XF95? I think the perfs are original. Also send in was a #1053 MNH and a #426 used with purple cancel. No scan but I will post as soon as they return. The stamps should be at PSE today.

NICKEL TRIUMPH...
  • GQ,
    not quite in the same league.
    i have a 79 Honda CB750KL
    Limited Edition.10th anniv.

Proof
    Proof: In-line- four Hondas are a well kept secret. The demand for them is very strong in all models from CB350 to CB750. Try finding a nice '69 CB750! Do you have the original exhaust and mufflers?
    NICKEL TRIUMPH...
  • Triumph,
    Bike is all Gennie,except the tires and the seat,i bought it cheap from a buddy,has 38,000 miles on it.
    i would call it a 7.5-8 of 10,in other words its a clean street bike.
    i put new tires on,although inexpensive ones Chen Shins.
    the seat is the original w/new fabric,found a guy out of the way that duplicated the cover for 100 bucks and just did a great job,just dont say honda anymore !

Proof
  • we kinda threw this thread off topic but nobody visits here anyway !

Proof
  • A nice set of stamps!

• << <i> we kinda threw this thread off topic but nobody visits here anyway ! >>

sad but true. image
  • GQ,
    any word on grades ?

proof
    Hi everyone...the grades are coming. First I must have you look at the #407. It is Genuine used...no faults. I have scanned, enlarged and measured this stamp. The margins are mathematially perfect...even thought I would get possitive points for the super light cancel. I got an "XF" 90. Huh????????? More to follow.
    NICKEL TRIUMPH...
  • It's still a very nice stamp, mathmatically perfect....cool. I am interested in seeing what the 506 brings and the Zepps.
  • wheres a good place to get real world prices on mint US stuff ?
    i have a set of plates,scott 1030-1053,cant seem to get squat for them.

Proof
  • SCDHunterSCDHunter Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi everyone...the grades are coming. First I must have you look at the #407. It is Genuine used...no faults. I have scanned, enlarged and measured this stamp. The margins are mathematially perfect...even thought I would get possitive points for the super light cancel. I got an "XF" 90. Huh????????? More to follow. >>

GQ - Any updates?image