Home Sports Talk
Options

Yet ANOTHER Mini-sota CHOKEJOB

joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
KG rolled under the bed in a game they had to have, what is even worse is they let some bench player
score at will. When will the drought end?

NEVER

JS

Comments

• Options
    Jeez, the Twolves were considered an underdog in all six games and won 2 out of 6. That's not really choking - the Lakers are better. The Spurs choked, but not the Twolves.
  • Options
    The bottom line was that the Lakers could rely on others besides Shaq and Kobe, while the Wolves had no one except Garnett and Spree. Lakers had more guns, even against the refs as well. Bring on the east!
    We are always better off than we deserve. image
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    The Timberwolves had a great season!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    They needed Cassell, they did as good as they could without him. He was a huge part of their season. Yeah, minnesota has had bad luck lately, thanks for pointing that out Joe, hope you'll be around when the buc's do absolutely nothing this year.
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    Hey shouldnt you be watching Hockey JS? Ill give the Bucs 7 wins next year. At the Max.

T-wolves didnt choke by any means, now the Vikings, in Arizona, that I cant defend. That was pathetic.

If they had a real coach I'd be alot happier, cant stand Tice personally.

Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    no more than 7 wins??....that sounds like a bet to me? LMK

I applaud Minn fan for being here rather than running under the bed like all the Bonds' fans when he
    is slunping or in between juicings.

I can't wait for football season! First victim Joe Gibbs!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>

I can't wait for football season! First victim Joe Gibbs!

JS >>

That sounds like a bet to me image
  • Options
    u a redskin fan?

LMK
    JS
  • Options
    I'm not, but I think the Redskins will win on opening day. They look pretty improved from last year, but the Bucs are certainly no pushover.

I'm a Falcons fan as I live in Atlanta. The Bucs are favored slightly to win the NFC South, but I think the Falcons might be able to win the division - if Vick stays healthy.

Brian
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    Garnett is a great player. However, he doesn't have either the ability, instinct or desire to try and take a game over by himself. It seems that he could create shots for himself at will, but doesn't do that. Part of me buys into this theory.

The other part of me realizes that the T-Wolves did a helluva job with a lineup of

Garnett, Sprewell, Hassell, Martin and Olowakandi

I mean this lineup is so weak. Basically they only had Wally that could come off the bench and score. That was it!

No Cassel and no Troy Hudson.

Totally outmatched against this Lakers team.

Remember I said that in order for the T-Wolves to win that they would have to limit their turnovers below their season average and Wally would need to shoot 50%+ from the field. Neither happened. In fact, Wally missed a lot of key shots. Read today's www.startribune.com article by Patrick Reusse for elaboration on this point.

I still wonder what would have happened had Stephon Marbury would have just stayed with the T-Wolves. Unfortunately Steph didn't have the intangibles between the ears...

Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    aknowaknow Posts: 115
    Choking would have meant a Laker loss.
    How can you really compare the Timberwolve lineup, (even with Sam Cassell), to the Laker lineup,
    with four bonafide Hall of Famers? Minnesota has some nice players for sure. You've got to appreciate
    the energy and talent of Wally Scerzbiak, Latrell Spreewell carrying his team on his back, and the great
    talent of K.G. You still have to know how to win when it counts.
    Anyone who got to see the Laker games televised this year, and the Timberwolf games knows who the realMVP of the league is. And he might go to prison too!
    Kobe is Mr. franchise.
    Dr. Steve
    aknow

Looking for uncirculated Indian Heads and PRS electric guitars
  • Options

<< <i>I can't wait for football season! First victim Joe Gibbs! >>

Famous last words.

Brian
  • Options
    Brian..nice of you to back your team AFTER they win, I can tell by your original post that you aren't a diehard
    fan..."I THINK they will win", now you are here smacking like you were here all preseason. yeah good win congrats
    but will you be here every week backing your team or are you hoping they go 16-0?

LMK
    Kevin
    GO BUCS
  • Options
    Brian..nice of you to back your team AFTER they win, I can tell by your original post that you aren't a diehard
    fan..."I THINK they will win", now you are here smacking like you were here all preseason. yeah good win congrats
    but will you be here every week backing your team or are you hoping they go 16-0?

LMK
    Kevin
    GO BUCS
  • Options

<< <i>Brian..nice of you to back your team AFTER they win, I can tell by your original post that you aren't a diehard

LMK
    Kevin
    GO BUCS >>

I'm not a Redskins fan but I thought they'd win. I am a Falcons fan and think they can win the division. Just because I'm not completely obnoxious about it doesn't make a non-diehard fan. I give you more credit then your sidekick skippy but nevertheless your 100% assurance of a Bucs win had to be called out. You should know I'm a math person so by me saying "they have a good chance" is equal to your "they will" nothing in life is 100% probable. I picked the Falcons to win the NFC South in my poll and I like their odds. Next week will be tough for both of our teams.

Brian
  • Options
    The Falcons wont make the playoffs sorry bud. You know Vick wont be playing all season right?
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    its either your team is going to win it all, or you are a bandwagon jumper...which is it?

JS
  • Options
    I have realistic expectations of them. 10-6 or 9-7 and the NFC South or at worse wildcard is likely. As stated by DaBeef, the chance of Vick going down is real, but I am still confident that he won't at least for anything longer than a game. On a comparative note, the Falcons will have a better record then the Bucs. SI ranked the team’s strength of schedule (SoS) and the Falcons is T-23 while the Bucs T-26.

Brian

edit to add: In the playoffs anything's possible as exhibited by the 03 Panthers. If the Falcons make it that far, they will have surpassed expectations and will have as good of chance as any other team to win it all.