Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Could start a grading company 'type' set

Here's another one. It could actually be kinda fun.
IGS?

Maybe we could even get PSA to grade the slabs.
Working on 1969 through 1975 Basketball.

Comments

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Why would the seller opt for just a 1 day auction, when 3, 5 & 7 days are the same rate?
    The card starts at .99 cents and a Buy It Now is listed at $15.00 - Don't think he'll get to much exposure in just 24 hours...jay
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    the only LOGICAL reason to run a 1 day auction, is if you're needing money within 24 hours to pay for something you want to buy.. or, as we saw with the Pat Tillman tragedy, timing... otherwise, i cant see any positive by running a 1 day auction..

btw here's a grading company to add to your list LINK .. "GRADED ROOKIES AUTHENTICATED"??? stupid name too.. why is the word "ROOKIES" in the company name? they're even jumping on the "1st Graded" bandwagon..

edited to say this guys description says "Graded Rookies Authenticated" was profiled in the August 2001 issue of Beckett Baseball (e-Trends).. anybody got that issue laying around? Im just curious to see what Beckett said.
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    PANDREWS - It looks like the seller of your linked auction is also the grader (based on his ID name)
    Either this guy submits a lot of cards and knows what to look for, or a "10" is the only grade this company gives out...jay
    Sellers long list of 10's
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    lol.. look at his neg feedback here.. he's sold GEM 10's that have creases in them.. lol

he then leaves the buyer feeback claiming that the buyers "standards are too strict"..

this guy needs to be publicly beaten (physically).
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭

<< <i> MW
    (no login)
    Reply April 23 2004, 1:10 AM

As for your other repeated accusation, I can tell you that I've never used physical violence on a customer.
    >>

• Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    From one of his Auctions:

"I WILL ONLY LIST THIS CARD ONE TIME DUE TO THE HIGH COST OF LISTING FEE'S AND LACK OF BIDDERS"

hehehehehhe.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I've got to start my own grading company. Let's all band together and become millionaires! All we need is some super glue and some plastic slabs. I have a nice bubble-jet we could use to print the lables. We're gonna be rich!!!
    The only question now is, how do we get on the exclusive "ebay approved grading companies" list? Does anyone know? image
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    "GRADED ROOKIES AUTHENTICATED"??? stupid name too.. why is the word "ROOKIES" in the company name?

p_a:

That's because they are rookies at grading cards! Can't fault them for honesty, even if they think 4 worn corners constitutes a MINT card! LOL!
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    I started to do that with Marcus Allen rookies, trying to get the highest grade in each company's slab. I quickly got sick of paying $10 for EX-MT cards that said Gem Mint 10 on the slab, so I stopped. The PSA, SGC, GAI, and BGS cards are all beautiful, although I stopped short of buying a GAI 9.5 once I had a PSA 10. One of the nicer looking ones I have is slabbed by a company called Capitol Grading - even, white borders, sharp corners, excellent centering... and 1/8" short both ways. The BCCG 10 I bought is just plum ugly. A PSA 7 at best.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...