Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Ebay wins

My new coins when I get them I'll post pics. Some of the pics the sellers had were very poor except one.

Half Crowns (British), look XF-AU, 1943,1947,1948 & 1949......$1
Ireland 1939 Shilling- EF.......$4.50
1970 Jerusalem specimen set in wallet......$2.00
1925 1 Cent coin of Ceylon - XF-AU......$0.99

1970 Jerusalem specimen set

Comments

• Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    That's an eclectic mix of coins! I seem to recall you're new to the darkside, are you trying to find your nitch or do you just like it all?

I got on on e-bay myself, check out Leopold

-JamminJ
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this one tonight. At Krause of $60 in Unc. and $85 in BU I think I did OK.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got this one tonight. At Krause of $60 in Unc. and $85 in BU I think I did OK. >>

Very nice! image
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got this one tonight. At Krause of $60 in Unc. and $85 in BU I think I did OK. >>

That one does seem reasonable, I was under the impression that Swiss coins bring strong prices realtive to Krause.

I think NEN scares many people away with their prices.

-JamminJ
  • Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    I've found that Krause catalog value on Swiss high-grade coins is EXTREMELY high in comparison to their actual market value. For their more common circulating issues at least...
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Not that new to the darkside...just lost my way for a bit. I collect Israeli mint sets, British colonies and Ireland. But I have to say there are a lot of coins I like as well. Hey Don that is a nice looking Swiss 5F I think you did great!
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Great finds, I love that Leopold.

I'm looking for a proof (or BU) Swiss 5 francs 1987B KM66, 100th anniversary, birth of Le Corbusier.
    If anyone has one, or a link where I can buy one from, please PM me. Thanks.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Since we're at it, I won this one: 1902 shilling

Just three more coins to complete the shilling to crown British 20th century Whitman album. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Since we're at it, I won this one: 1902 shilling >>

Nice catch, Dimitri -- it looks almost like a matte proof. image
  • Options
    Nice Israeli Mint set, Michael! image If yoy are interested in such sets, check out that store--I saw a few there:
    Israeli Mint sets
    N. N.
  • Options
    While we are at it. Here is my latest eBay win.
    1902-H 25 cents Canada obvserse
    1902-H 25 cents Canada reverse

Sorry about the blurry pictures and the marks on the holder. I need a camera with a better macro-mode.

Dimitri, It seems we have similar collecting interests. We both bid on 1902 Eddie shilling size coins minted in England!

Nice finds everyone. I still can't believe how little interest there is on eBay for some of these Isreal mint sets. Some people are getting some amazing deals on them.
    Vancouverite

Trying to complete a two of each collection of British India coins.
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a couple of wins too, seeing as were having a bit of fun here (does this count as a thread hijacking? It's Syracusian's fault image )

For the NG (Naked Guy) collection :
    1 Centavos

For the lion collection:
    Bremen

For the World Coin Collection:
    Malawi

For the Have You Ever Read This Guy's Auction Descriptions, They Are Too Funny! Collection:
    Digga

For the 6 year old boy in my house who watches ads in Japanese and still manages to beg for a new toy he saw on TV--only one goes for 4800 yen or so (around $45) what a deal I got! Too bad the guy is NARU--I still got my package via Priority Mail --without even asking and/or paying for it!
    Hoverdisc collection image

There's more, but some of it's too silly! So when does one actually ever decide what to focus on? I'm having trouble.

Cathy

• Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Hey Cathy Digga lives right down the road from me. He's a very interesting guy. Nice guy, but interesting he cracks me up but will try hard to find ya the kind of coin you're looking for. If you haven't noticed on your invoices from him his computer is named "Thundercow".

Shipcoin thanks so much for that link. He's got some nice coinage!!!