Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Shameless Self-Help: WTB Canadian Type Coinage

Hi,

Ok so I am making progress on my Canadian type set (all coins from forum members). Still have some holes and am looking for:

-5 cent pieces (pre Elizabeth II)
-20 cent piece
-25 cent pieces (pre Elizabeth II)

Looking for VF or better coins.

Happy to buy, trade coins, trade books.

If posting this is considered bad form someone please let me know and I will remove the thread.

PM or email at brian@oldcoppers.com

Thanks,
-Brian

Comments

• Options
    CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    There is a BST forum but few use it for foreign coins.

Post away.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple of 5 cent silvers (a 1901 and I think the other is 1902-H), but both are low grade.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    allegriallegri Posts: 405
    rob,

hi, apologies for a slow response. what do you want for the 5 cent silvers? this is a pretty well circulated set so they might fit right in.

regards,
    -brian

Edited to add: OOPS meant to PM
  • Options
    Brian-

How 'bout two bucks and a stamped envelope for both of 'em? The 1901 is around Fine, with a light bend (not bad looking, but ever so slightly concave/convex- could probably be straightened by placing it between a couple pieces of wood and tapping it with a hammer). The 1902-H grades Good or slightly better- I'd say G6.

PS- I have a ton of George V and George VI and early Elizabeth II small cents and five-cent pieces. There's one George V large cent, but I forget the date. I got a big fat bagful from the Olde Dead King during one of our swaps at the FUN show. I ought to be able to cherrypick out some EF's or so, or at least VF examples, of some of the George V small cents or nickels you might need. And EF-AU-UNC for the George VI and Lizzie types. Cheap.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Just got an 1870 5c silver in the mail today, from an odd character who frequents these forums. Think it's VG.

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don