Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Announcing the 1st Annual PCGS Coin Forums Photography Contest!!!

2004 1st Annual PCGS Coin Forum Photo Contest

Any and all board members are allowed and encouraged to enter (even darksiders) image

Rules:

1. Each competitor is allowed one entry (one photograph) into the competition.

2. Photo can be a single coin, a collage of coins, pretty much anything with coins in them.

3. Pictures can be of any size but not larger that 1000 by 1000 pixels.

4. Pictures must be in .jpg format and compressed for web viewing.

5. Pictures must be taken by the contestant in the competition, no pirating of pictures. You do not have to own the coin that is photographed, you just have to take the picture of it.

6. Photo editing software is allowed in so far as to crop, place backgrounds etc. "Juicing" is discouraged. Contrasting should be used in order to make the coin appear how it does to the naked eye.

7. Photographs/links for the competition are due to me via PM or email by Monday June 7th at 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight time. If you do not have web hosting, email me your picture (jmmarbur@nps.navy.mil) and I will host it for you.

8. Photos in competition will be posted by me in random order on the 8th and voting will begin immediately and remain open until the 15th of June. Winner will be announced June 16th, 2004. Competetion photos will be presented ananomously as to remove bias from the competition.

Voting

1. Voters determining the winner should remember to place emphasis on the quality of the picture itself, not the quality of the coin. A winning picture will represent the coin/coins in question accurately, make good use of lighting, be artistically and tastefully presented and be original in thought.

2. On the honor system, members that submit a coin for competition cannot vote for their own photo. You must vote for another persons coin.

3. Every member is entitled to vote, but please vote only once. Even those of you with multiple avatars.

Prizes

Right now the prize is bragging rights if the winner chooses to do so. I will work on some coins from members wishing to donate and I will try to get PCGS to throw in some free grading or something. Most important thing is to have fun and showcase your phototaking talent!!!

I will also try and get Carol to allow the winner to have the official handle of "PCGS Coin Photographer 2004" under their icon.

Hopefully we can do this every year if it turns out to be a hit.

I am accepting entries starting now so fill up my PM box and my inbox!!!!

Very respectfully,
John

CURRENT ENTRIES=9

Comments