Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Coin submittals

I have been A silver level member of PCGS and had registry sets running for several years, but I have never submitted coins for review. I have some coins I need to send in for review and up-grade review. I am planning to change my status to gold level. I am confused by a couple of things in the PCGS services fees and in the Submission form. I was hoping someone out there could give me an answer to the following questions:

How or where can I obtain the 2-1/2 x 2-1/2 plastic flips mentioned in the PCGS Submission Form Instruction #3.
      What is the gold/platinum level fee for a Modern U.S. coin (1965 to present) when the coin value is estimated to be over $300.

I would be grateful for any help you can offer.

Thanks,
      Gareth R. Smith
      'alergar'

<< <i>Of all the thing I've lost I miss my mind the most! >>

Comments

• Options
        RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How or where can I obtain the 2-1/2 x 2-1/2 plastic flips mentioned in the PCGS Submission Form Instruction #3. >>

Pretty much any place that sells coin supplies. PCGS even sells them. Use ONLY ET Kointainer SAFLIPS. They are 100% inert and will cause no problems for the coins while they're waiting to be graded. This is particularly important for proof coins.

<< <i>What is the gold/platinum level fee for a Modern U.S. coin (1965 to present) when the coin value is estimated to be over $300. >>

You would submit them at the Regular tier level, which is $30 per coin. Most people don't, though. The fact is that unless it's gold or grades PR70/MS70 there aren't many moderns worth $300.

Russ, NCNE
      • Options
        Hello Russ,
        Thanks for the info.
          Are you sure about the flips; I went to one of the local coin shops on the PCGS authorized dealers list and they told me I needed to get the plastic flips from PCGS.
            Yes many of the coins are over $300.00 value. I was burglarized and they got 127 of my PCGS slabs, all but 14 of the coins where recovered. 106 of the coins had been broken out of there slabs and basically I am getting them re-slabbed the grade hasn't changed except on my 2003-S Sacagawea PR70 which has scratches on the reverse and a gouge on the obverse.
          1. Options
            BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
            alegar,
            There are other sources for the SAFLIP's... But, I've found out the hard way, that getting them direct from PCGS, has proven to be the most reasonable price.