Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Is the English coin market cooling off?

I have noticed that some of the items I have been looking at on eBay have not made the kind of money they would have six months ago. Is it just me?
If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
1987-C Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com

Comments

• Options
    Lloyds stuff seems to be doing well.
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    I don't know I know wybrit has been very disappointed at the performance of some of his items on ebay.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    I think it may be. I've been getting some lower prices of late on new acquisitions for my collection. This may have to do with rising fuel costs leaving less disposable income.

However the cynic in me says that the market hit only takes place when you describe your coin accurately and have a good picture. Deception commands a higher price than ever.image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    However the cynic in me says that the market hit only takes place when you describe your coin accurately and have a good picture. Deception commands a higher price than ever.image >>

That would not have made me laugh if it were not so true!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    LloydLloyd Posts: 887
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The market for slabbed English coins (on eBay, anyway) was always rather tepid for me. Now the circulated, lower grade stuff, on the other hand, I have done OK with.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    maddogalemaddogale Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Nice looking coins! I was going to bid on some, but this goofy "Holey" guy is bidding on all the good older ones.....image guess I will go after the one proof penny, stay away, you scoundrel!!!.image
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on; I don't do these things to other people, I require the same from them."
  • Options
    Bid away, Neil- I was just givin' him a push to get started. I hope I don't win all the ones I bid on! (Though I certainly wouldn't cry if I won that 1799 halfpenny. Michael would, though, if I won it at the price I bid.) image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice looking coins! I was going to bid on some, but this goofy "Holey" guy is bidding on all the good older ones.....image guess I will go after the one proof penny, stay away, you scoundrel!!!.image >>

You have to keep an eye on these holey coin types!image

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Yeah, I can't wait to take my drill to one of those, after I win 'em!

• Options
    maddogalemaddogale Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Yeah, I can't wait to take my drill to one of those, after I win 'em!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on; I don't do these things to other people, I require the same from them."
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know... perhaps it may be alittle like the US coin market where certain series are doing better than others. From the upper deck, it seems that some English coins still appear undervalued and others seems to have appreciated in value to a point where a break may be warranted. All of this is really predicated on demand, and perhaps understanding demand is where we will find one explanation...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    I would be happy to pay 20 percent of Krause for any nice English coins you want to sell. image
  • Options
    ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    So would now-ish be a good time to buy GB stuff?
  • Options
    I think demand has dropped since Terry switched to SA coins..............image
  • Options

<< <i>I think demand has dropped since Terry switched to SA coins. >>

That must be it!image

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    I agree
  • Options
    Who is this Barney and how has he grown so wise in the ways of Spinaker?image

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The spinaker legend is wide spread.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    I understand Spinaker is the most hated man on CU.image

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I understand Spinaker is the most hated man on CU. >>

Don't you mean most haunted man?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don