Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Looking for advice on selling an Ex, Ex-mt 1969 baseball set

First off, to the moderator: Please do not move this thread to the “B/S/T” board because I am not trying to sell the set here, I am just looking for advice and more people read this board. Thank you.

Now for the advice part: I am planning to sell a mostly raw 1969 baseball set on eBay in the near future. The set is about 20% excellent, 40% excellent-mint and 10% near mint. The remaining 30% is either lesser or would receive an “oc” or “st”, etc. qualifier. I want people to realize that these grades are what I believe the cards would get if graded by PSA. I think that many sellers of raw cards do not use loupes when reviewing their cards and I don’t want people to think that this is another group of overstated cards. I plan to start the listing with this paragraph:

“If you have ever purchased raw cards on eBay then there is a strong chance that you have received cards that you felt were overgraded. In most cases, it’s probably not that the seller was dishonest; rather, they are probably unfamiliar with the grading standards used by the professional grading companies today. If I had sold this set 2 years ago, I probably would have said that most of the cards were near mint. Using the old Beckett guidelines and the naked eye, most of these cards appear to be in that condition. Since I have become familiar with looking at the cards under 10x magnification, I feel confident that you will at least agree with my assessment of condition.”

I will also include scans of the 7 PSA graded cards (in 2 pictures) along with 24 of the other key cards (6 cards in 4 pictures) with the supersize option. I couldn’t figure out how to use Vendio so I am limited to the 6 pictures available through eBay.

Any/all advice would be welcome. Thank you.