Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Blessed Albion! Sceptered Isle! Thou callest to my heart!

Comments

• Options
    You talk funny. image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    NEE!!!!!image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Oh what sad times are these when men go about saying "NEE!" to Yetis who talk funny?
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    I thought it was spelled " NI ". image

HA!! It was! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought it was spelled " NI ". image

HA!! It was! image >>

Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Once a discovery is described as treasure trove, it becomes the property of the Crown (British government), but the finder or finders normally receive the full market value.

Half the value of the cache, supposed to be between £10,000 and £15,000 will be shared among the 37 amateur detectorists of the club, with the remainder going to Francis Armstrong, the landowner who granted permission for the group to detect on his land.

imageimage

The coins bear the images of several Northumbrian kings, including Eanrad (810-840), Aethelred II (840-844), and Redwulf (c. 855).

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Finally! A comment on the find, and not the Pythonesque banter! image

• Options
    Any other theories besides the warrior one?

What's a Crofter?
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I think it is too bad the the crown gets the coins and they are not able to be placed on the open market for collectors.
    Wanted: High grade Irish (Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland or British) coins, slabbed and unslabbed. Also looking for Proof and Uncirculated Sets
    PM with info.

Auction Sniper For all your sniping needs. Tell them I sent you and I'll get three free snipes!

e-bay ID= 29john29
  • Options
    SylvestiusSylvestius Posts: 1,584
    When they say the crown gets them, it means they are technically national property, hence they will be put in museums.