Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Quick Question

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, I just bought a nice card at a show and attempted to register it with my set. The problem is that is registered under someone elses set. What do I do?

Thanksimage

Comments

• Options
    speederspeeder Posts: 819
    contact psa (set registry) they will require a scan of the card. and they will try to contact the previous registry owner to tell them to delete it from there set. also just tell the person you bought it from to delete it, if it was theirs.
    your friend, lee
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    E-mail Cosetta Robbins at CRobbins@collectors.com
  • Options
    Thanks guy's I will give it try, I wonder how many sets out there have cards registered to someone who doesnt own all the cards?
  • Options
    purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    Perkdog - dollars to donuts it's nothing more than a harmless error on the part of the seller. It happened to me once - I just forgot to delete it before I sold it.
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Often a card will be part of 2 sets [eg: a regular set and a team set]. The seller usually forgets to delete the card from the second set, thereby causing the problem.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    Oh believe me I dont think anything shady is going on with registered sets, I was kinda curious if this has happened before. I actually talked a little with the seller at the show and he mentioned about a set he had registered and after a little research I have been able to locate his email address, I am just preparing myself to deal with this because I am sure he bought it from someone who had used this card previously and has no idea who that person was. Thanks for the input
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    I've bought 2 cards recently that were still in someone else's set (both board members) and in at least one of the cases it was used in 2 sets as Frank mentioned. It was entirely innocent in both cases, just forgot to delete from their sets.
    It's not a big deal and PSA will delete it from the others set if you send in the scans of front & back.

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    Talk about no big deal, I called psa and they sent an email out to the person right there. The person I talked to also told me that if that did not work a faxed scan would get it done right away. Again thx guys for your help