Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

went to the local show today..........

And was pleasantly surprised at the mass turn out of buyers and dealers. The Greensboro shows have been lacking in the past, but hopefully this is a sign of good things to come. There were six or seven tables that had world coin stock, (Which is twice as normal). Even one dealer from Ct., Tony Hansen, who had some nice British copper and silvers. I wound up buying an unc 1914 1d from with nice toning and an unc 1896 1/2d. image Two tables down was a fellow that said he had a nice Vatican copper that he just picked up at the Morehead show. Humm? I thought, Sounds like a familiar coin, and it was. He had purchased it from "rhound" only two weeks prior. I only found a SA 1955 unc 1d from his stock, but enjoyed looking thru his coins and talking with him. I did invite him to join us here, so if he does, his name is Joe Rudzinski. He says hi to mongoose and rhound. image The only other coins I bought were from a dealer from Tn. Just picked out his toners, from Canada, a '61 fifty cent piece, a '63 blue toned 25 cent, a '66 speckeled toned 25 cent, and a 1918 1 Franc in au with blue and gold target toning. image Those wiped me out!! I only brought $40. image

Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders

Comments