Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

dslsports 1980 TOPPS #500 TOM SEAVER PSA 10

1980 TOPPS #500 TOM SEAVER PSA 10 RARE GEM 1/2 Item number: 4133730764

This looks nice.Borders appear cream but the centering doesn't get much better than this.

I don't know what it is about the Reds cards,but I think the "red' espically the Star cards have great appeal that draws me to them.One of the best looking Team sets out there too.

Comments

• Options
    I noticed this one too. Seaver was my dad's favorite player, so in honor of his introducing me to baseball and to collecting (though his interest is Sergio Aragones' Groo the Wanderer rather than cards), and as an excuse to dabble in vintage material, I keep my eyes out for lower-priced nice looking Seavers. This one is way too high-end for me, but I liked the way it looked. It appears to have no tilt at all, which always looks cool.

I really like the color schemes on the 1980 Topps borders in general. Something about the blue they picked for the Tigers cards makes this one of my favorites Topps Trammell.
    Always looking for PSA 9 or better Alan Trammell basic set cards. Visit my Trammell card web site at "www.trammellcards.com"
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    how does dslsports get so many high grades...how many cards do they submit per month?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

DSL Seaver 10 link

<< <i>how does dslsports get so many high grades...how many cards do they submit per month? >>

With the huge number of cards they submit,
    they're bound to get more high grades and more sliders than a smaller submitter.

Their cost per card for grading must be very low,
    because they submit a lot of junk that most of us would reject at first glance.

I have always wondered what becomes of their 8 O/C's and ugly 7's that don't receive bids ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have always wondered what becomes of their 8 O/C's and ugly 7's that don't receive bids ... >>

Usually when some of their cards do not open, they put together a bunch of then in 1 lot. I have done very well buying 10 & 20 card lots w/ ass't grades from them...jay
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    You know it's rough to judge from this scan but...That's looks about the best L/R centering out there.It doesn't get much better.Possibly more play at the bottom border but you'll never really know until you get the card
    in hand.Looks nice,straight and Cherry red.

As for DSL they were in the top 95% of quality material that wound up being set keepers.Not a big part in terms of quantity,but the Stars and a few desirable commons were all top notch.

Just think of how it would be if you had the job to search though an airplane hanger sized warehouse for the perfect million card submission. image They probably have such an untinkable stockpile of inventory.

God bless em.image
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I think that dsl does not do themselves justice and attract alot of criticizm by there LOUSY scans. I saw the 1980 psa 10 ryan in person that keith won and the card has amazing color and gloss. the scan made it look like a big time slider, looking at the card in person , it definately wasn't
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    My guess is they just don't have the time to put into top grade scans with all the auctiuons they put up daily. I scanned 18 cards this afternoon and it must have taken close to an hour to get them cropped , resized and uploaded.

I've noticed quite a few of their lots on eBay Jay and have perhaps bid on some although not won any. I'd much rather buy lots and resell dupes or grades I don't want than buy singles all the time.

Duncan , on another note I have the 65 & 69 Sox team set weightings ready to go to Cosetta......any last minute thoughts?
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?