Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Starting a Bobby Murcer Set in the Registry

Since there isn't a Bobby Murcer set in the registry, how do I start this new baseball card set? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    thejamthejam Posts: 164
    good question; if you need 82F in psa 9, lmk
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Who's Bobby Murcer ? image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Doesn't Murcer's fanclub number 1 pathetic board member? Mikevt he'll be happy for the company!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Isn't Mrs. Murcer a fan too?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    No, she got the hots for Ron Bloomberg after Murcer got traded to the Cubs. Turns out it was all about the pinstripes.

Unless you're talking about his mother- she may still be a fan.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Why don't you all help this guy instead of the crap remarks.

Send a request for this to bj@collectors.com

You can research to see what cards exist out there, cause she will probably want you to assist with the listing of the cards that he is on.

I use Sports Collectors Digest and look up the player.

If she sends you an excel spreadsheet, you can fill this information in. The set is weighted on PSA 8 (Near Mint/Mint). You can use the values from the SMR on line or if they haven't graded it, you can use the NRMT/MT values in the above publication.

Hope this helps.

Dale
    1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Basic - Retired
    1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Master - Retired
    1st Finest Set - 1955 Baseball Golden Stamps - Cleveland Indians - Retired
    1st Finest Set - Mel Harder Baseball Master - Active
    Mel Harder Showcase Set - Active
    #15 on Current Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
    #23 on All Time Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    That was nice of Dale...I wondered about this process also, and now I know.

Griffins - is that fact or fiction on Bloomberg. I do remember when Mike Kekich and Fritz Peterson swapped wives and families. That was bizarre!
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    That was a joke about Bloomberg. It was Kekich and Peterson- I think Bowie Kuhn blew a gasket at the time. One of them ended up staying with the new spouse, the other lasted about a year I think.
    And Mike- I"m sure DaveT (murcerfan on this board) has a checklist of those issues if you don't already.

• Options
    purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    Peterson is a blackjack dealer in Illinois, still knocking boots with the former Mrs. Kekich. Mike Kekich has something to do with the medical field and lives in New Mexico. His didn't last. From what I understand he then got pissed that he got traded and dumped in the same year and wanted his first wife back. She declined.
  • Options
    purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    Blomberg now lives in Georgia I believe and (according to SI) is involved in teaching kids the game of baseball. Bloomberg, on the other hand, is a pseudo-Republican mayor of New York.
  • Options
    I think someone's been reading this thread.

1969 Yankees - #46Peterson & #262Kekich - wife swappers
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    The seller (or Espn ) has the dates wrong but the story looks right. Ball Four came out in 1970, the spouse swap was detailed in that. I was still in high school and remember being somewhat shocked by that and some of the other stories Bouton related . image

edited to add: sorry about the sidetrack mikevt but DaleW had the right advice.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?