Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

What coins are on your "hit list?" AKA... want list

I was just thinking about the few coins I have left to finish out my set. There's a couple of high dollar ones (at least for me) and several that are down-right affordable. So I thought about posting them on the Buy-Sell-Trade forum... but that would imply that I actually have the copasity to buy something right now, which I dont. So I thought I'd make some fun conversation over here. What are the coins that you're currently looking for?

On my set, I lack twelve, but the dates I'd really like to knock out are:
1911-S PCGS/NGC MS64BN or better
1915-S PCGS/NGC MS64BN or better
1919-S PCGS/NGC MS64BN or better

David

Comments

• Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    I could use a 1952 and a 1953 Full Band Roosey in MS-66 or better.
  • Options

29-D or S in 66RD

Edited to add 31-D in 66RD
  • Options
    mrcommemmrcommem Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭
    Looking for a nice, original 1839-D quarter eagle AU55-58 to finish my Dahlonega type set.
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    I'll consider my Lincoln set "complete" if I get these 8 coins...(64rd) 12-s,13-s,14-s,15-s,19-d,23-s,24-d,27-s. Still would need some cheaper coins (don't even have an 09-vdb yet!) and would still look for more upgrades.
  • Options
    My toned Peace $ set is down to the final 2 --- 1928 & 1934-S

I have never seen a nicely toned example of either one. I would surmise its because many Peace collectors like their coins flashy white and probably most of the 28 & 34-S have been dipped in an effort to get the coin into a higher graded slab.

I just have to keep searching and upgrading my set as I wait.

Perhaps Gillio has some toned Peace $ in that hoard he just bought. image

Michael
  • Options
    CoppernicusCoppernicus Posts: 1,764
    I need a lot for my Lincoln set, but the one at the top of my list right now is the 1954-P in PCGS MS66RD. It is the only one after 1935 that I don't have in 66 or 67. The price on these has skyrocketed this year and it's driving me nuts!!

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    A lot of short set wheats in PCGS ms66RD.

Also a 1909 VDB in PCGS ms66RD, but hopefully, I will get that one next monthimage

Dennis
  • Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    The coins that aren't here.
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    I'm working on a Large Cent set 1839 - 1857. I've got 7 of the 19 coins in the set. I'm focusing on high grade coins in BN, although I've picked up a couple of very nice RB coins. I think these coins have great value in their grade and color.

If money was no object I would buy red coins. Red coins are much, much more than the BN and RB coins. Besides, I like the look of BN and RB on these large coins.

Dan
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any nice originally toned MS65 piece of the following halves:
    1811-1836 bust type, 1837 RE, and 1853 A&R.

One coin that has been on my want list for over 20 years and still it has eluded me:

Common date 1840's seated quarter in strict original, eye-appealing gem MS65 condition. Unfortunately that eliminates about 90% of the 65's currently slabbed!!! You know, the ones that have dead luster or have been double or triple dipped or look like they were in a bar fight. Good luck!

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    A 1965 SMS Kennedy in DCAM. It's the last one I need for my set to be at 100% deep cameo. Of course, I'm always looking for upgrades for all the coins.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    coolkarmacoolkarma Posts: 512 ✭✭
    Since we don't actually have to be able to pay for them now, my list is very long. image I recently started a 1914 proof set (Mom's Proof set). Making progress on it is high on the list. I have the cent and nickel - I only need the Barber silver ones. image I stll need a nice 1957 cameo nickel. A near cameo 1941 nickel would be nice, a well-struck 1926-s merc (and buffalo) ... I guess I better get busy imageimageimage
  • Options
    nalamolly5nalamolly5 Posts: 671 ✭✭
    a nice 1917 type 1 slq in pcgs ms63fh and a 76d kennedy in pcgs ms66 to make my type set 100%. my birthday is coming up, maybe the wife will be good to me this year!
  • Options
    My priority are 3 Mercury dimes all in at least white MS65FB....1934-D....1935-D and 1939-S.
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 3 Mercury dimes that I would gladly buy in MS64 or better, if I could find coins that I like at reasonable prices. I'm looking for coins that are original undipped white, or with attractive light toning.

1921-P
    1925-D
    1926-D

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

Of Course !! the 1894 s Barber Dime Proof 66

stewart
  • Options
    A nice 32 p or d quarter, raw, for my older washington collection. And a georgia d statehood in 67image.
    I know you oldtime collectors don't particularly like these moderns but they are what I have in the registry!!! Speaking of which, I just got bumped down a notchimageimage I need a yo-yo symbol!!!
  • Options
    I'm looking for a 2000-S and/or 2001-S PR70 Sacagawea Proof Dollar to put my registry set back into 1st place.