Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

10 Weeks to add a card to the registry?

Yesterday I sent an email to have some new additions added to the Trammell Basic and Master sets. Gayle sent me an email letting me know that it could take up to 10 weeks to get the cards added. I know they are busy, and this isn't Gayle's fault (she is always very nice)but that seems like an awfully long time. Not exactly high marks from PSA in the customer service category on this one.
Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers

Comments

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    lol.. its ridiculous.. i was always under the impression it was 3 days.. I asked for a card to be added, and I never heard anything back. 2 weeks later I sent the same request, and was told they needed 6 weeks to add a card to the registry.. since then, I've asked for ANOTHER card to be added, and I was told they needed 8 weeks to add a card..

NOW.... they're telling you its 10 weeks? so next time I add a card, it'll take 12 weeks..

BTW: the original card I requested, still has not been added.

and I dont know who's "fault" it is, but it does seem like a VERY long time.
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>Perry,

We'll get this added as soon as we can.

Please allow up to 6 weeks, as we’ve had many, many requests to add cards to player sets. Thanks in advance for your patience. >>

then..

<< <i>Perry,

We'll get this added as soon as we can.

Please allow up to 8 weeks, as we’ve had many, many requests to add cards to player sets. Thanks in advance for your patience.

>>

·p_A·
  • Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Yeah, I really don't get this either. About 1 year ago, when I requested cards to be added to my sets, the sets were updated in anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 days. I thought 3 days was long, but this is ridiculous! I am baffled as to why this is such a difficult procedure. image

JEB.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I have been waiting since March 13 for some additions to the Mike Schmidt master set. It has been so long that I have sent and received invoices since that time - causing me to have even more items in queue since that point. I think that PSA cut back on their staffing significantly - which is one of the reasons causing this time lag....

best-
    ms
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Well, if the Set Registry is really driving their business, it doesn't really seem to be getting the attention it needs. I know I am not alone in this but their are at least 5 Nolan Ryan cards that were requested to be added to the set back in March and they still aren't there. I know Keith (Con40) has some in queue as well.

If the Set Registry has become something that they can't manage and its going to take so long to get cards added to sets, with those sets predominantly being Player sets, its going to cheese alot of people off. Especially since the player sets are woefully lacking in the completness category. image

We are working on a Nolan Ryan Master list, but even if we finish it in the next few weeks, it might be 2005 before it would be put in place. image

This is not a very good way to treat the flagship product that is driving major business PSA's way. If it wasn't for the Set Registry an extremely large chunk of PSA's current business, i.e. grading commons, modern player cards and insert player cards, would not be happening.

They may be fighting initial design flaws or maybe they are trying to keep things in sync with the upgrade they are working on, but there should still be a way of accomidating update requests in a little more timely fashion.

Scott Jeanblanc
    jeanblanc@iconnect.net
    Ebay UserId : sjeanblanc
    ------------------------------------------------
    Collecting Nolan Ryan cards (68-94)
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    It just seems to me that 10 weeks is ridiculous. How long can it take to process an update - 10 minutes? That's at least 50 a day for one person, 250 a week per person. This means that each person at 10 weeks time is behind 2500 requests for set changes? Come on, what's really happening?
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    I take back my criticism of the set registry turnaround times.. I was updating my set last night at 2:00am and I sent an email to the ALWAYS HELPFUL Cosetta, requesting a card be added.. She RESPONDED IMMEDIATELY.. no, not the automated response, but it was Cosetta there burning the midnight oil at 2:00am!
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    I've had Cosetta email at 6 Pm her time on a weekend. She works hard.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I just emailed Cosetta around 8 this evening scans of 3 cards that someone did not delete from their sets. she jsut emailed me back that I can add them . no complaints from me . keep up the good work!
  • Options
    grilloj39grilloj39 Posts: 370 ✭✭
    OK I am confused here. When I add cards to my sets they always get updated within hours to 3 days at the most. This includes my Roberto Clemente basic set.

I do not know why some would have to wait 10 weeks for the same procedure.
    Gold Coins
    Silver Coins

e-bay ID: grilloj39
    e-mail: grilloj39@gmail.com
  • Options
    Cosetta is absolutely the most valued PSA employee. She has promptly handled any request i have had. I Thank her all the time but i truly hope she knows how appreciated she is. Thanks again Cosetta
    For PSA Graded 1950-1980's Baseball Cards please visit www.EdsBaseballCards.com
  • Options

<< <i>OK I am confused here. When I add cards to my sets they always get updated within hours to 3 days at the most. This includes my Roberto Clemente basic set.

I do not know why some would have to wait 10 weeks for the same procedure. >>

i was talking about adding a card that previously hadnt even been a part of the set composition..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Looks like they got things moving.

A T205 I added a couple days ago was updated today.
  • Options
    achteyachtey Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    I'm kinda disappointed in the delay in adding cards to sets. I'm still waiting for 5 cards to be added to my reggie white master set. I wonder why it's taking so long.

Josh
    The world meets no one half way. If you want it you have to go get it.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Grillo they are talking abt adding a new player's card to a set, not added an existing named card to a set, which takes up to 3 business days. adding a new set or a new player to an existing set is the problem
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I just created an opposite post of my experiance with PSA and iread down and saw this post. BJ and Cosetta were fantastic at adding cards to the two player sets I needed updating.
  • Options
    BJBJ Posts: 393 mod
    Hi Everyone,

I believe you all deserve an explanation of the time lag for player set additions. There is a lot happening with all 3 Registries (PSA, PCGS (Coins) and PSE (Stamps)). I currently have a staff of 3-1/2, including myself. There is no budget to add more help. Therefore, we must prioritize. With the 3 Registries, Cosetta, Gayle, Juliet and I have many balls in the air which we try to juggle. We get equal demands from the coin registry, which has even more members playing the game than PSA. The stamp registry, although in its infancy, is growing.

In the PSA Registry, the #1 priority is to validate sets within 3 days. This is a time consuming process because many of the sets must be reviewed. The second priority is to address cards that won't go into sets, either because they are not in the database or because have been labeled incorrectly, or they are in someone else's set. We get email every day with issues such as these. The next priority is to address new set requests (including player sets), again a very time consuming process. Additions to the player sets, unfortunately, take a lower priority and although we try to get to them as quickly as we can, it sometime can take weeks depending on our work load.

The good news is that as soon as we take the new PSA Registry live in a couple of months, we will no longer have to validate sets. Validations will be automatic. With the elimination of this huge time bandit, we should be able to greatly decrease the time it takes to add new cards to player sets. Until then, your patience is greatly appreciated.

BTW, we will have all requests for additions to player sets that are received prior to October 1st updated in time for the October 31st awards deadline. Requests that are received after September 30th, will be updated after the awards deadline.

As always, should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
    Set Registry & Special Projects Director
    PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
    PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi Everyone,

The good news is that as soon as we take the new PSA Registry live in a couple of months, we will no longer have to validate sets. Validations will be automatic. With the elimination of this huge time bandit, we should be able to greatly decrease the time it takes to add new cards to player sets. Until then, your patience is greatly appreciated.
    >>

BJ:

You are your staff have gone through leaps and bounds to grow the Registry to what it is. I thank you for all that you have done to help me with some of the sets that I work on.

Thanks so much for your explanation - it is now much easier for me to understand where all the priorities lie - and once the PSA Registry goes live, it sounds like this will just be a distant memory. Thanks for the update!!

Marc
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    BJ;

Thank you... this is company responsiveness to a testy issue at its best! You get my vote to run the entire company! Thanks for the concise and honest reply.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    BJ - thank you for the explanation.

I would suggest reordering priorities to place additions to player sets (or team or theme sets in some circumstances) ahead of new player sets simply because in most cases it will be much simpler (i.e., many requests for additions to player sets involve only 1 card) and quicker to clear out that portion of the queue. I say this as someone who has requested a number of Master Sets.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    Hi BJ,
    I appreciate the response, and thanks for shedding some light on the subject.
    Jim
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    BJ,

This is the type of straight-talk, no-nonsense, no-fluff professional response that is absolutely appreciated by the masses on these boards. Thanks for taking the time to do it RIGHT!

On that note:

BJ FOR PRESIDENT!!!!! imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Thanks BJ! Thanks Cosetta! You guys deserve a raise.. I hope y'all are WELL SALARIED or either hourly, making the overtime $$ for the late hours..
    ·p_A·