Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cool Card that is cheap yet hard to find!

1980-81 Police (PLAY) Dave Andreychuk. Best power play scorer ever. Hope he wins the cup.

Sorry the scan sucks.

Link

Comments

• Options
    And an Andreychuk from my favorite hockey set: '83 Canada National with pre-rookies of Lemieux & Yzerman

Link
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    Where can I get these cards? I'd love to have the Yzerman
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭
    I have an Yzerman and the Lemieux both graded PSA 8. They are 1/2 in 8 with only 1 PSA 9 of each graded. The holders are in terrible shape scratch wise, my plan is to get them reholdered and throw them up on ebay when they come back. I figure it will probably be a month or 2 before I get it done. There are some sealed sets on ebay from time to time but the are hard to find because everyone lists them differently as 1983 Canadian National Junior Team is a mouthfull for a title, leaving little room for Yzerman and Lemieux, the main key words.
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    Let me know whan your interested in getting rid of the Yzerman. Do you know what the sets sell for?

Thanks,
    Ryan
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭
    Ryan, there is one set on Ebay right now, starting at $175, BIN of $250. I have bought and sold about 10 of these sets over the years and have never spent or collected over $100. The tough part is finding nice ones, they have the red border and are wrapped pretty tightly in a shrink type wrap. They have been around for 20+ years now and just one bump of the set on a corner and they show the white stock. I will keep my eyes open for a cheaper set, in the meantime try these two searches on Ebay....1983 Yzerman...1983 Lemieux. That is the most likely way to find one.
  • Options
    VincecarderVincecarder Posts: 1,852
    The Andreychuk Oshawa Police card looks like the Lindros card...man I remember when those were expensive when Eric was the next big thing.

Nice oddball cards though....
    CB4
  • Options
    yep it does look like the Lindros but I love that the police card is 3 years b4 Dave's nationally released rookie card (83-84), he is a sure HOF'er, yet this card is dirt cheap and it's been ages since I've seen one on eBay. I don't think it was produced in the masses quite like the 85-86 London Knights Brendan Shanahan Police card (which is also a steal at $6).

I'm bummed that these were called oddball. Yet when the kids playing hockey in the street see this one vs. the 83 Topps, they love it.