Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

No response for the seller

I won a coin on ebay and have my winning bid amount but have requested a total with shipping several times from the seller. They listed the coin with no shipping information (i.e. rates) and I have yet to get a response from them. They are a seller in the U.K. and this is the first time I have delt with them (originalcj). Should I just keep asking them for the info I need or just wait? I don't want to be neg'd by this seller for not paying.

Comments

• farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    I've never had a problem with originalcj. I would suggest patience.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Thanks farthing! I imagine with the number of coins he sells he maybe just behind on his responses. I shall waitimage
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    i would mke certain that all follwing attepts to contact him are through ebay,,, use the " Ask seller a question",, that way it is recorded in case of a dispute resolution. sometime mailboxes are full or other problems are involved,,particularly if it is AOL.
  • Funny you should mention your problem as I am having the same problem with another UK seller

<< <i>lockdales-of-ipswich >>

. What is your opinion of this seller and is there a holiday in the UK?

Dan
    The glass is half full!
    Lockdales is top shelf IMHO. Very good folks to deal withimage
    I have been saving the emails I've sent. I am just sure that he has not gotten around to answering yet. He does have a lot of auctions going.
  • Thanks for the encouraging comments. I was curious that I had not hear from them; since this was my first dealing with a UK dealer and since the auction states

<< <i>We will send you an invoice by email with shipping options. >>

. I know as a seller, I want to make it as easy as possible, and it is now going on three days.

Dan
    The glass is half full!
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Garneteye,,, I just received a 1855 Florin from them,,, top notch service, purchased on the 18th shipped on the 21st,, got it todayimage
  • wybritwybrit Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭
    I've worked with originalcj before and had no problems. He ships as fast or faster than anyone in the UK I've dealt with.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
    All is well. He was just behind on sending out his replies. My coin is paid for and on it's way. Oh BTW.....the coin is another 1966 Easter rising silver 10 shillingimage
  • danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    I have had several dealings with Originalcj and have always had a top-notch experience image I know the problem has been resolved, but just wanted to throw in my "attaboy:. image
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • All is well here also, got my invoice. Thanks for all the encouraging comments

Dan
    The glass is half full!