Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Pic of my receintly purchased 16-S cent

Comments

• Options

I say DIP IT!!! Think of how much a bright shiny 16-S would be worth!!image

Honestly, that's a great coin. I think those high grade brown Lincolns that retain their luster mixed with that chocolate color are really cool looking. They are just hard to find that way. Good score.
  • Options
    KAJ1KAJ1 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Very nice!

I know RD is the color of choice, but BN coins, such as yours, have always appealed to me.

At least you don't have to worry about it turning in the holder. image

Dan
  • Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    I'd have to go with... pretty... on this one... image Is that a hint of Purple color on the reverse?
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    Nice - 65BN coins are very nice, usually. I have quite a few. I don't add them to my registry set but I still like them.
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I say DIP IT!!! Think of how much a bright shiny 16-S would be worth!!

If I could turn all my 64/65/66 BN's to 64/65/66 RD's in a manor that would keep them origional, I'd probably sell every one of them... then pay off the house.

I know RD is the color of choice, but BN coins, such as yours, have always appealed to me.
    I hear you. I really like reds, but I have goals.... both long term and short. I'm sure that I could complete a full red set over a period of 20-30 years, but my long term goal is to complete cent set from 1793-date. As such I have short term goals for the three major cent types: Large, Indians, Lincolns. Right now, I'm working on the Lincolns. I had it set up as a five year target to complete. It certainly wouldnt be realistic for me to finish the set in RD in that short period of time. I ultimatly decided to go 100% brown in the early dates. Once complete, I'll start on the Indians. That will also be a five year goal. After that, I'll work on the large cents. I'll probably give myself ten years on that one.

Is that a hint of Purple color on the reverse?
    No, there is the slightest hint of a blue on the rev. Maybe the luster through the eye of the camra pulled it out as purple. I see what you're talking about in the pic....

Nice - 65BN coins are very nice, usually. I have quite a few. I don't add them to my registry set but I still like them.

Do you want a want list? image

David
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    Nice strike. Nicer looking coin than my 64rd which probably cost a lot more (it looks slightly nicer in the photo than it is).
  • Options
    CoppernicusCoppernicus Posts: 1,764
    My favorite Lincoln in my set is a 1910-S in MS64RB - almost entirely BN but with enough violet highlights to get the RB designation. I bought it raw from a local dealer for $40 (about) and submitted it to PCGS. I'll probably upgrade it someday, but will not sell it - it's beautiful!! The MS66 and 67 RDs pretty much look the same - nice, but lacking "character." Many RB and BNs have subtleties you usually don't find in the RD's. JMHO

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    That is an amazing strike.Probably one of the first 100 off a new die IMHO.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options

Mike,
    I love your sig line, same thing is happening to me. I can't even tread water on the registry!
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    I moved down from #44 to #53 over the past 4 months!
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a very pretty coin, LCM. I really like the purpleish toning some of the browns get.

You won't be sad you went with browns, IMHO. With reds still racing toward the heights, Lincoln lovers have to go someplace, and these rich browns can be glorious.