Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Baseball Rookie Player Help

OK

Ryan Howard of the Phillies
Edgar Gonzalez of the Diamondbacks
Jason Kubel of the Twins

Rookie Autos of which (if any) would you send to be graded?

Comments

• Options
    JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Kubel is on fire and has a Bowman Chrome certified auto. I'm high on Howard, but his best auto would be either Bowman's Best or one of the numerous Fleer/Donruss cruddy issues. I odn't know Edgar.

If it's Chrome, Kubel.
    If it's not Chrome, none of them. Howard won't make a ML impact until 1> he's traded, 2> Thome gets hurt. Badly.

Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Bowman's Best houses the best rookie cards of Howard and Kubel, Edgar's best RC comes from
    UD Ultimate at a stingy 399!

Good Luck
    Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>Bowman's Best houses the best rookie cards of Howard and Kubel, Edgar's best RC comes from UD Ultimate at a stingy 399! Good Luck Kevin >>

I respectfully disagree. A bowman Chrome Gold Howard or Bowman Chrome Xfractor will easily outvalue an autographed Bowman's Best. BC has the hobby love.

Kubel HAS a Bowman Chrome Draft autograph, so that in and of itself blows the BB out of the water as well.

Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.
  • Options
    Jeff

Thanks, but I didn't know we were including those in the rookie card description. bowmans best
    has parallels too and Im sure some of the other releases do to, maybe even a one of one. Actually
    none of those players have bowman chrome draft cards, they have bowman chrome. Please make
    note and thanks for the corrections.

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Jeff Thanks, but I didn't know we were including those in the rookie card description. bowmans best has parallels too and Im sure some of the other releases do to, maybe even a one of one. Actually none of those players have bowman chrome draft cards, they have bowman chrome. Please make note and thanks for the corrections. JS >>

I'm not sure what you're talking about... "I didn't know were were including those in the rookie card description"?

Kubel's best RC, hands down, is his Bowman Chrome auto.

Ryan Howard's most collected RC is the Bowman Chrome DRAFT (yes, he is in DRAFT) Gold Refractor.

Bowman's Best has parallels, one unnumbered to 50, one unnumbered to 25. You should know that BB has a lousy reputation in the hobby and is not valued very highly in this hobby.
    Jeff

• Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    errrr Thanks for the input. I will assume out of the three Kubel is the way to go. It is actually his Prestige Auto. Im just getting ready to submit and thought it would be nice to have one of those 3.
  • Options
    FuturemanFutureman Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Kubel is playing well? Is he in the bigs? I don't pay as close attention to the AL. I bought a pack of Bowman Chrome last year on a flyer, just to see which prospects I might get. Kubel was one of them, and I figured it wasn't that bad to get an autograph out of one pack. I also remember getting a Barfield out of the same pack and being disappointed when I found out it wasn't his rookie. Off to ebay to see how the Kubel BC's are selling!

[edit] OK, so Kubel isn't in the majors yet. What's the word on this guy? Does he have potential or should I try to cash in on the hype right now?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
  • Options
    Take a look into the Howard 2002 Uper Deck USA AUTO also. It was his only 2002 card and with only 375 out there, this would probably be his go to card.
    Jason
    Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com
  • Options
    Just to clarify this. I have 3 Autos all from the 2004 Prestige. All 3 "appear" to be 10's (dont they always!!!) and I did not want to send all 3. Although on rookies it is a "crap shoot" I was wondering the best of the three (of above players) to submit.

Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    Nice cards, although I don't feel grading is the way to go on any of them. The grade will neither add or subtract any extra value to the cards. But hey, if that's your cup of tea, good luck with the grades!
    e-mail me @ EHTHOCKEY@YAHOO.COM

Collecting all bowman chrome rc's from 2002 and 2003
  • Options

<< <i>Nice cards, although I don't feel grading is the way to go on any of them. The grade will neither add or subtract any extra value to the cards. But hey, if that's your cup of tea, good luck with the grades! >>

No its something to "sock" away for my son. So which one? I think the majority points at Kubel.....
  • Options
    Aknot....how old is your son? What does he collect? Perhaps I can send him something.

LMK
    Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>Aknot....how old is your son? What does he collect? Perhaps I can send him something.

LMK
    Kevin >>

While it is tempting to say anything Dolphin I will have to say he is 6 and has not grasped the concept yet. Hell he may not "grasp" the hobby at all. BUT it will all be his to with as he pleases once I decide to pass them on. Hopefully he will "get it" if not they were always going to be his (My "companys" name is JimmyV Cardboard. His name is James Facciolli V (5th) hence the name.) and I have accepted he may sell them right out of the chute.

Thanks for the gesture it is appreciated.