Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Any Red Sox fans need your opinion on tickets

I have two tickets to a Red Sox/Dodgers game at Fenway on June 13th. I would like someone who is familar with the seating at Fenway to tell me if these seats are in a good location. I have not been to Fenway Park in over 20 years ( living in Hawaii makes it difficult, LOL ) so I have no idea of where these seats are. The seats are located in Loge Section B159, row BB, 3rd base side and state "WALKWAY TRAFFIC". I will be on vacation in the Boston area during this period and hope to use these tickets if I get a chance. The game is a ESPN televised game on Sunday night. If I can't make it I will sell the tickets. Since this is the first time the Dodgers have ever been to Fenway the game has been a sell out for some time. Of course I paid thru the nose for them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ed
email address: alohaet@hotmail.com

Comments

• coachhcoachh Posts: 529

I hope this helps.
  • CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Ed;

Those seats are on the left field side (past third base) in the old "upper box seats" which are the red ones. You must be in the row that provides access to sections 32-33 as no stairway or concourse serves those sections. Means you'll be getting up and down a lot so people can pass by. Nonetheless, those are nice seats that provide a nice angle of the whole park except the extreme left field corner.

Enjoy the game! I hope you can make it as you'll be surprised by all the changes at the ol' ballyard in the past 20 years!

If you need a seat helper to guide you to the exact location, I am available for the price of one ticket! image
  • augustamanaugustaman Posts: 583 ✭✭
    Try this site out. It gives you a nice idea
    of the view you'll have. Enjoy the game.

Fenway Park Seats
    Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards

• Thanks for the info. The links were very helpful.

CON40, if I can't get to the game I will let you know about the tickets. As of right now I will have to find the seats myself.image

Ed
    Ed;

Fair enough! I am available on 3-hour notice! Though, I hope you make it there yourself!
  • wallst32wallst32 Posts: 513 ✭✭
    "walkway traffic" means your seats are right in front of a main walkway (serving several sections) to get to the concessions/exits/etc. You won't be getting up all the time, but you will have a lot of people walking in front of your view all game long, especially during the end of innings. A modern stadium would have the first row of seats behind a walkway higher up to prevent this type of obstruction. It can be a little annoying at times, but the view from those seats is awesome.
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    And, if Con40 isn't available, hit me up - I am obviously interested in the tix (nice seats by the way!). You will have a great time if you go, there is nothing like Fenway Park left anymore.

• The darn tickets cost me $125 each. I just wanted to make sure I had decent seats. There is a chance I might not use them as a lot of things are going on that weekend, a wedding and a birthday so I don't know till I get there what's what with my schedule. When I got the tickets it was a day game. Now I find out it's a night game. I guess I will just have to wait and see. I will be in the Boston area ( Haverhill) starting June 6th a week before the game. Oh, I'm so confused.image

Ed
  • Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    Ed,

Give 'em here. Donate them to Gemmy10, a non-profit enterprise.

Seriously, even though I am an avid Yankee fan I would love to go to Fenway some day. Actually I live
    2 1/2 hours away in beautful Fairfield County, CT. A lot of my neighbors are Sox fans. I would say slightly more Yankee fans though.
  • JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Anyone have a good source for decently priced GOOD tix to Fenway?
    Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.
  • highendhighend Posts: 534
    to me nothing beats the house that ruth built .... that is a biased opinion, but fenway rates second . blow off the wedding they are all the same go to the game, there is always a chance you'll see something you have never seen before.
    Jmnesq,

I don't know if this applies to Fenway since it has a 33,993 seat capacity vs. Yankee Stadium which has 57,545 seats. I was tired of paying through the nose for good seats at Yankee stadium though ticket brokers or eBay so last year I bought a 12 game season ticket package for most Saturday home games. I got very good seats in right field in the main section, not too far from where the players give autographs. The Yankees give a $5 discount per ticket for season tickets and I didn't have to pay a $10 per ticket fee to Ticket master, only a flat fee (I think $20) for all 48 tickets (12 games, 4 tickets ). I save at least 50% per ticket that I was paying to the ticket brokers. I had no trouble selling the games we didn't attend and I got some very juicey games, 2 against Boston, 1 against the Mets. 1 against St. Louis (Tino's return to Yankee stadium) and several other good teams. I missed the Rockets 300th win by 1 game. The great part is I put in an upgrade application this year and I got even better seats, same section but 6 rows from field level which are twice the price.

Like I said I don't know if the above would apply to trying to get tix at Fenway since their are less seats to sell do to its smaller size.

Seating Capacity at Yankee Stadium and other Stats

Seating Capacity at Fenway Park and other Stats

P.S. BeachBum, and who says I don't contribute meaningful stuff to this board. image
    Photo I took during Batting Practice at Yankee Stadium last year:

I can't believe Yankee fans wuld actually stoop to going to Fenway park! I guess it is a refelction of which park hosts the better team this year!! image

PS: I can say this even after being at the ol' ballyard to watch the Sox take 15-2 drubbing from Oakland last night! I still beeeeleeeeeeeeve!