Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

No Holder Available?

There is a graded Schmidt of this card. Is it actually because I used scissors? I really wanted to add the M & M Ryan.

Brent
Collecting:
Bo Jackson Basic(#1) and Master(#1)
Bob Feller Basic(#4)
Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store

Comments

• Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Since the flip mentions the perforation, you might be right. I'd call customer service and give them the serial number to see if they will clarify. Good luck!
  • Options
    If a card is perforated, you can not cut it out, but I would have expected to see "Evid Trimming" not "No Holder". Makes me wonder if it has to be submitted with cards for a large holder not the standard holder, you aren't supposed to mix them, and this might be your punishment.

Scott Jeanblanc
    jeanblanc@iconnect.net
    Ebay UserId : sjeanblanc
    -------------------------------------------
    Collecting Nolan Ryan cards (68-94)

• Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    I actually have that M&M's card in my "gonna submit them as soon as I can" pile. It was issued with a Steve Sax card on the left and Nolan on the Right. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be gradable with "Hand Cut" on the flip just like the Hostess cards.
  • Options
    Bighurt4Bighurt4 Posts: 384
    I submitted 2 of them with a $5 special and they both came back No Holder but I think it was because of the scissors. I have perfed 2 more and will use the freebies they sent to see if this will work. LOL, it will be my first submission that I don't insure going there.

Brent
    Collecting:
    Bob Feller Basic(#4)
    Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
    2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store
  • Options
    While I'm inquiring. Should I cut down the edges on these before submitting? I bought them as is and am not clear on the protocol.

Thanks,
    Brent
    Collecting:
    Bob Feller Basic(#4)
    Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
    2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Brent;

I'm afraid that PSA probably won't grade those... the trimming cuts into the "live" portion of both cards. I think they'll only alsb cards that reveal the entire border right to the dotted lines. The lines are somewhat trimmed in both of yours... I would probably try to hunt down better copies with more outer area to them.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Keith. One other thing, am I right in thinking that PSA doesn't make a holder for the Topps Supers from the mid-80's? The pop is zero so...

Brent
    Collecting:
    Bob Feller Basic(#4)
    Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
    2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    My understanding is that the entire dotted line needs to be in tact on all four sides for the card to be considered gradable.
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers