Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

HARD CONTEST...maybe...AND THE WINNER IS...

OK, so here is the new contest with the prize from the previous contest. Still the same 9 circulated Iraqi Coins. Here are the rules:

1. There are no rules
2. Refer to Rule number 1.
3. Rule 3 is the exception...Everyone is eligible - especially Joe1957 (See last contest for explanation)
4. Ok, and so is 4...If you are the first person to correctly answer all 3 questions first, you WIN!

Ok, no really, you have to answer these questions. image

1. What does this building have to do with coins?
2. What city and state is this building in?
3. Who did this building belong to?

Here are a few hints:
1. It is a building
2. It is still standing
3. It is an old building

--I hope that helped image

I will periodically give away clues in lulls of guessing. image

image GOOD LUCK! image

"You must love soldiers in order to understand them, and understand them in order to lead them."
-Henri Turenne

Comments

• Options
    Oh, and one more thing...I am on Iraq Time, so please be patient with my response time...i'm sleeping while you are awake! image
    "You must love soldiers in order to understand them, and understand them in order to lead them."
    -Henri Turenne

• Options
  • Options
    CherwoodCherwood Posts: 1,073
    It's the log cabin Abe Lincoln was born in, and it's in Hogdenville, KY.
    Abe Lincoln is on our penny.....DUH!
    I assume it belonged to Abe Lincoln's parents, but it is now a national historic site.
    Cheryl........."She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot." - Mark Twain

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    Lincoln was born 3 miles south of Hodgen's mill (now Hodgenville, Kentucky) on Nolan Creek. The log's of the cabin have also been moved sevearl times, and was reassembled near the origonal site.

Tons more info here.
  • Options
    Nope, sorry. Neither answer was correct. image

Keep Trying.
    -Henri Turenne

• Options
    TTT
    -Henri Turenne

• Options
    Let me know if it is time for a hint.

EJR
    -Henri Turenne

• Options
    islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭
    Thats Andrew Jackson's birthhouse and its in Dixie and he is on the Jackson obverse coinimage
    YCCTidewater.com
  • Options
    islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭
    No thats not right..its the building on the Grant commemorative in New York
    YCCTidewater.com
  • Options
    Nope, sorry again...Is it time for a hint?
    -Henri Turenne

• Options
    1957joe1957joe Posts: 608 ✭✭
    OK...............really I have no idea but............................how about.................... Philadelphia, Penn and Ben Franklins birthplace?????
  • Options
    OK, I think that it is time for a hint:

I went to the store with $100.00 and I bought the following items:

- Cherry Koolaide x 15 packs @ 4 / $1.00

- Hatchet to do some yardwork x 1 @ $25

- U.S. History Book for my daughter @ $30

- A case of Coke @ $10

- A new model train @ $30

On the way to the register I dropped $1 Dollar.

How much change do I have left???

Hopefully this will help you start to figure it out.

-Henri Turenne

• Options
    TTT
    -Henri Turenne

• Options
    George Washington's birthplace, someplace in Va.
  • Options
    Ok, what clues did I give that hinted you in? The answer is not entirely correct. You have 1 of 3 correct. It's your job to find out which one is correct.
    -Henri Turenne

• Options
    your trip to the store. you had .25 left so I figured it had something to do with GW.
  • Options
    Ok, well that answers question 1...3 shouldn't be that hard...I just need an answer...number 2 is going to be really tough. I'll give a hint in a little while if nobody gets it.
    -Henri Turenne

• Options
    answer to #3.................. George Washington's parents??????
  • Options
    You have the George Washinton part right...but it did not belong to his parents. It was his...but he did not own it. Maybe that helps.
    -Henri Turenne

• Options
    If that was the case, the building would've belonged to Mary Ball Washington and Augustine Washington, in Pope's Creek, Westmoreland County, VA.
  • Options
    CoinAddictCoinAddict Posts: 5,571
    #1 is George Washington on the Quarter.
    #2 Cumberland, Maryland
    #3 George Washington's headquarters during the French and Indian War.
    Here is a link to more information.image
  • Options
    Maybe it would help if I told you that behind the building was a river, and across from the river is an old time train station.
    -Henri Turenne

• Options

<< <i>Maybe it would help if I told you that behind the building was a river, and across from the river is an old time train station. >>

Not any more, it wouldn't.
  • Options

<< <i>
    #1 is George Washington on the Quarter.
    #2 Cumberland, Maryland
    #3 George Washington's headquarters during the French and Indian War.
    >>

Well it looks like CoinAddict got this one. Congratulations! How did you figure it out? I've PM'ed you for your information. Thanks to everyone for trying. I may have another contest soon.

EJR image
    -Henri Turenne

• Options
    CoinAddictCoinAddict Posts: 5,571
    Thanks for the cool contest. It was not that hard after you gave the clue about having $100 dollars and ending up with $1.25. I then searched on yahoo for Washington's cabin under the images search and found a pitcure of the cabin which then gave me the answers that I needed.image
  • Options
    Not bad...next time I will have to draw out the clues a little better.
    -Henri Turenne