Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Can I, May I show off a Merc ?????

FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
This exile from posting pictures has got me down... image Anyway here is the 31P that was bought a few months ago. The picture sort of looks funky, tooooo Brown, but thats the best I can do right now.

Also I forgot how to put the picture in the post so it is just attached.

Take Care.

Ken

Comments

• Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Ken,

That is the nicest 31-P I have ever seen! It's a keeper. Now we just need to flip a Merc and see who Keeps her!

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Yummy!!! I like it.

David
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Very Nice!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Wayne

What is your Icon coin ? Was that a 30 or a 31 ? Anyway that was a 66FB coin hid out in a Anacs 65 holder. Just as pretty and as nice as this 31P here.

Ken
  • Options
    How about another one ?

This 17P was bought at the Portland ANA Show. This is a Type of 16 coin. Could be the first Type of 16 for a 17P that I have owned.

Ken
  • Options
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Ken,

You have a great eye for Mercs. I hope you keep dabbling in them as you shift your collecting focus. You will always be one of the original Mercateers!
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Ken is not just an original Mercateer, he is the spark plug that keeps us running!

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken,

Love that '31-P!!! The '17 is nice, too. I think you've shown before what the difference is between the type of 1916 vs. the type of 1917. Would you mind sharing that again?

Jim

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    Jim

Here are the three Wing Feather Styles for the Little Ladies. From left to right they are the Type of 16 for 1916 and part of 1917. The Type of 17 which finished off 1917 I believe. Last but not least the Type of 18 which finished off the series thru 1945.

Rumor has it there just may be a Type of 2005. Now that would be something. image

Ken
  • Options
    Cool image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    Very nice!
  • Options
    solidsolid Posts: 2,975
    I never knew there was "Type of xxxx" for the Mercs. Was that Type of 18
    re-engraved to bring out more detail?

Ken
  • Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Very beautiful mercs you have... I'm jealous. image
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken,

Great to hear from you again - hopefully you'll stick around for a long time - that '31 is indeed a super example - great eye appeal and wow and congrat's for picking a 65 that slabbed 66 - not many of us have been that lucky.

Marc