Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Mercateers help please!

I have been searching for a 25-P and 26-P for a long time and have not seen a single coin in no bands. Are the out there anywhere? You would think at least one 65 or 66 would show up. I have not even seen a 63.

I tend to search all the usual areas, but I would be interested to hear if anyone has seen these two coins either at a local show or a national show.
Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.

Comments

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Help here for those two. Heck it took forever to find the right 26P in full bands and you know how tough that common date 25 is.

Ken
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you could crack out a full band coin, put a bag mark on the bands, and submit it and get a no band grade.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    There will be no Merc mutilation, LOL. Seriously, I have been focused on no bands coins (due to cost primarily) but FB coins are also far more scarce than their price would imply.
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a '25-P in MS64 non-FB that is not in my Registry set. I can't recall seeing a 65 or 66.

Not the best picture here, but it's a decent coin for a 64.

imageimage

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    The Mercateers have come through again! Jim and I have come to an agreement on the 1925-P shown above. Once again these boards and all the Mercateers have come through. It is such a pleasure to share this hobby with all of you.

I am hoping that I will be able to meet some more Mercateers at ANA in Pittsburgh this year.
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deep,

If you're gonna stick to non-band at least be really choosy with what examples you pick up - great eye appeal will help when and if you need to sell. The few non-full bands I have in my collection are really nice examples and actually quite close to full band - I can't see finding better xamples in full band - at least for the time being.

Glad you got the 25!

Marc