Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1988 Irish Commemorative.....Price Help

I really like this coin. Can anyone tell me what they usually go for?

1988 Irish Commemorative...Link Fixed

Thanks,
Larry

Comments

• Options
    Larry, the link don't work.

fixed it

no idea what they run, but I like the design!! image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    Thanks Terry (fellow NC'er) for the fixed link. I have been having trouble with my PC this morning.

Larry
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Hey Larry are you talking a 1988 Dublin Millennium 50 Pence? If so here are some prices:

1988 Dublin Millennium Shield on Reverse 5M struck UNC 5.00Euros, $6.50 USD, 3.00£ sterling

1988 Dublin Millennium Shield on Reverse Proof in original case 50,000 struck Proof FDC 35.00 Euros, $43.00 USD, 23.00£ sterling

Hope this helps image

• Options
    Mike,

Those are very nice also, however, the one I am talking about is the one on ebay (link fixed).

It is the Triumphant Celtics Proof 5 oz. silver.

Thanks,
    Larry
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Methinks that's a medal, not a coin, lad. A nice medal, to be sure, but not a legal tender gov't issue.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    LordM is correct. It is a commemorative medal celebrating the 100th anniversary of the city of Dublin (Baile Atha Cliath). Sure is beautiful though.
  • Options
    From the auction "Some have said this coin is so hard to come by it is worth its weight in gold".
    Some would be lying.
    I'd been watching the auction to see where it ends. Under $50 might be worth it. It remindes me of the St Pats medals put out by the franklin mint (i think). I don't see much numismatic value in these things.
    Wanted: High grade Irish (Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland or British) coins, slabbed and unslabbed. Also looking for Proof and Uncirculated Sets
    PM with info.

Auction Sniper For all your sniping needs. Tell them I sent you and I'll get three free snipes!

e-bay ID= 29john29
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for you help. Franklin Mint, hummm. I still like it and may bid if it stays low enough.

Thanks again,
    Larry
  • Options
    This thing had 30 bids and went for $132.50.image

Too rich for me. Anyone here bid?

Comments??

Larry
  • Options
    Nay not one bid from himself on this oneimage
  • Options
    Didn't bid, but as always, a snipe takes it.
    Wanted: High grade Irish (Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland or British) coins, slabbed and unslabbed. Also looking for Proof and Uncirculated Sets
    PM with info.

Auction Sniper For all your sniping needs. Tell them I sent you and I'll get three free snipes!

e-bay ID= 29john29