Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Lincoln Cent Man Strikes again!!!

....just passed JacktheKnife!!!!

David

Comments

• Options

Oh that's it!!!! First, Tom Klingensomething and now you! I've warned you before about this. I have no choice now but to launch an all out offensiveimage Once I figure out where I'm going to come up with $50,000, it'll be to the top 20 for me. Well, actually $50,000 will probably only move me up a couple spots, it will nonetheless vanquish my adversaries!

Upward and onward....Hey, anybody got $50,000 I can borrowimage
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Dont make me bust out the savings account. I've got $200 and I'm not afraid to use it!!! image.

David

• Options

Oh sure, kick sand in my face while I'm down. We'll, I'll have you know that I've got 200 bucks also, and I have a change jar that I haven't counted up for at least three months! Stand aside, I'm coming through....
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh. I remember those days... image
  • Options
    Looks like I'm going to have to resort to getting a second job. I'll be back in a couple of hours.... going to go around the neiborhood to see if anyone needs their grass mowed. :-)

Ahhh. I remember those days...

You could always build another set.... something of the bn/rb persuasion this time? How's those commems coming along?

David
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>something of the bn/rb persuasion this time? >>

Naah...I always figured my red set would wind up rb/bn sooner or later, anyhow. image You definitately have the right idea: start off with brown!
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

Lincoln Cent Man vs Jack the knife

nice sparring

Remember

Its All Gerry's Fault

• Options

Don't worry Stewart, when I get to #2 I've got a special can of whoop ass for you. Of course, I may not remember where I put it by the time I get there!

Hey, anybody got $50,000 I can borrow....
  • Options
    Jack- Go get that home equity line and start bidding on my coins in the LB Auction. Since it is a complete set....you onlly need to bid on all of the dates that you don't currently have. Once completed you will move up over 10 spots. See how easy that is. I will sell you any 10 coins in my set for that 50k. You can choose whichever 10 dates you want. Ok...I am just dreaming...but you should be doing your part to bid up and drive up the prices on these lincolns...ha ha. On another note...will you be in LB for the Auction? I am hoping to meet a few of my fellow Lincoln collectors...even if I am selling my set. It will be auctioned at the 1PM session on June 3rd.
    Marc
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    Nice addition David!

Aw, too bad you can't see what coins Tom Klingensmith has. Wow, over 68 GPA! Marc's set is so impressive to me and it is only 67.7 or so. Not that many sets can be over 68 for there aren't even that many coins! There could only ever even be 62 near gem red sets!

Good luck again Marc! I'm sorry I'm not going to make it to the show afterall.
  • Options

<< <i>Dont make me bust out the savings account. I've got $200 and I'm not afraid to use it!!! image >>

LincolnCentMan!!! DAMMIT BOY!!!!

Congrats David!!!! image
  • Options
    << Dont make me bust out the savings account. I've got $200 and I'm not afraid to use it!!! image>>

LincolnCentMan!!! DAMMIT BOY!!!!

Well KTN took care of that $200... I just bought a 32-P in 66RD from him. I'll own the coin as soon as payment gets there, but now he's got four hundred bucks in his arsonal... and a jar with three months of change in it. Man, if he keeps this up, Marc will be a very happy man, and I'll be 8-9 spots behind JKN in a couple of weeks.

Now if I can get 130 lawns to mow, I can get a 14-D in 65BN image.

David
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    David those texas lawns are very large, are you sure you do not just want to work in fast food? You can go through the change and get me some nice errors!!!
  • Options
    I know. I mow my front yard one day, and the back yard the next. I've never found anything of substance in circulation. Well, I guess that isnt entirly true. I used to go through Kennedy Halves from the bank. I pulled 18 90%'ers and three rolls of 40%'ers out of a bag of $500 one time.

From just change, I've never gotten anything better than scrap silver.

David
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    I just planted a lawn. It is a 3" pot with grass seed in it on my window ledge. Will pay you $20 to come over and "mow" it when it gets too long.

• Options
    Will pay you $20 to come over and "mow" it when it gets too long.

I may take you up on that one day.... but I'll bring show and tell when I do image.

David
  • Options
    CoppernicusCoppernicus Posts: 1,764
    This thread makes me wonder: How high in the Lincoln wheat basic circ. set can you go if no one above you sells their set, (i.e. can anyone get in front of Stewart?, 2nd place?, etc.)

Just curious as to opinions on this...

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭

<< <i> can anyone get in front of Stewart?)

>>

That would be a miracle.......

I think that it is very hard to buy real top pops these days. They are avaible, but I think most nicer ones (the real pop pops) are already in the top sets......

Just my opinion,

Dennis
  • Options

Very interesting question, so much so that I am going to repost it, if you don't mind, as a separate thread.