Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

For the Merc collectors and enthusiasts

Here's a beautiful example of a non-full band 16 S PCGS MS65. Great color and even more impressive luster and surface quality. It's been sold so I'm not selling here on the boards......just thought the merc folks would appreciate seeing a neat coin and an excellent example of a great coin without a great price - image
Mike Printz
Harlan J. Berk, Ltd.
https://hjbltd.com/#!/department/us-coins

Comments

• Options
    Nice rainbow of colors!
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    finally Mike is doin the Laurie thing and the Mark Feldolini thing, and why not ........well don't over do it image - we don't want anyone else to know who's got some great coins besides super merc's image

That merc is drooly nice - don't care for the flatness on the facses but is well overshadowed by the great preservation...what grade/holder was that Mike?

I would venture 67 no bands for the eye appeal.

Marc
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    you could dip that gunk off of there. image

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Nice coin. The non bands Mercs are far more affordable IMHO and for me the focus is the obverse, not a couple of bands on the reverse. We need more Merc threads here, we have been slacking off lately. That and some of our more prolific Mercateers have gone in another direction recently.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike
    Nice toner,I bet it's a knock out in hand.
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Hi Mike,

Very pretty dime, thanks for posting her!

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Mike. How does a guy out here on the West Coast get a shot at a coin like that seems how the No Band Mercs are never on your Website ?

Nice color on that baby......image

Ken
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike,

The color is great, even though the strike is weak on both sides.

You're right, though. There are a lot of great "affordable" coins out there. Just as Mercs don't have to have full bands, another series that I like without necessarily having the supposedly better designation is Standing Liberty quarters. My favorite Merc is the 1931-S MS66 non-FB shown below. My Standing Liberties will never rank near the top of the Registry, but almost every one is a beauty, IMO.

imageimage

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    FinallyHereFinallyHere Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
    Ken,

This coin never actually made it to my site. I sold it a few years ago and then had the chance to buy it back last week and was tickeled pink to own it again. I emailed the pics to a collector and he bought the coin. I decided to post the images since I thought the die hard Merc collectors would appreciate such a nice coin even though it was non full bands. I received a PM asking that Larry and I try and buy more non full bands coins from time to time and I'll do just that.......if I can find them that look like thisimage

Mike
    Mike Printz
    Harlan J. Berk, Ltd.
    https://hjbltd.com/#!/department/us-coins
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim
    That is a gorgous 31-D indeed - I'd keep it too image

Mike,

Thanks for posting - BTW what was the grade on that dime????

Marc
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need that 1931-S for my registry set.

Now I have to get towel and clean off my keyboard, I just druled all over it!
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211