Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What does 183,000,000 buy you?

A butt kicking by Soriano and the 59 million dollar rangers squad. Benoit over Kevin Brown...I guess
that is why they play the games huh? LOL Yankees go home, Rangers own you!

JS

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A butt kicking by Soriano and the 59 million dollar rangers squad >>

Kevin
    It was a good game tho - and Arod didn't fall apart albeit that he did offer himself to Soriano on a few chances. I believe how a team does is as much about chemistry as salary - for a minute there, I thought that the Yanks were going to pull it out!
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    buys me 1 complete heritage set hopefully

<cringe>

lol

Just kidding
    Good for you.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    win

you need heritage? I know someone with a truck load.

LMK
    Kevin
  • Options
    about 183,000,000 overdue laughs from Mets fans!
  • Options
    Saturday
    bottom of the ninth Rod Barajas fires a shot to deep left field - walk off HR! People so excited, they are already thinking of naming a candy after him - the RodBar.
    The cost of this game's finale: priceless.
    Enter JS
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Did you see how Soriano set the table for that amazing comeback, after PayWad wiffs in the
    top half Soriano smacks one into the next county! I would of PAYED to see Torre's face as
    Fonz was rounding thrid. That's ok Joe, Enrique Wilson can't be cold all his career! LOL

Funny, Yankee fan was here when they were in first place, but now they are missing. Arod has
    been a waste on offense and now is breaking down on defense, what a way to choke in front of
    your adoring fans.

Hey who needs Soriano's .300 average, 28 RBI's and 51 hits when you have Arods .288 average, 47
    hits and 24 RBI's??? Oh an take a guess who has more errors?????

Im still looking for those idiots here at the beginning of the season offering me Soriano RC's for 10%
    book....where are you??????????

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Hey who needs Soriano's .300 average >>

That's the deal JS, you need a Team approach - guys picking others up - if you look at the late 70's yank champs some of my favorite players were commons like Roy White - actually if not playing on the yanks, no one would know randolph, dent, rivers etc. - but they teamed together and made something special.
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Arod leaves one team they become better! team he goes to becomes worse? jeter batting under 200 last i checked could be wrong?? Id love to see mets make playoffs(i know laong shot) and yanks miss them!
  • Options

<< <i>Id love to see mets make playoffs >>

Chris
    Ya need to see your team stay healthy - mets win today - weathers 4-1, Floyd back, Piazza hitting HR's; Glavine back to his normal self - ya got somethin going there dude!
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    highendhighend Posts: 534
    it's still early........

soriano is batting .247 in the month may, i like soriano and really want to see him do well but i still haven't seen the plate discipline he needs to go to the next level in what still may be the career of superstar.

if hicks throws down the kind of cash he did on a-rod and picks up a couple of arms the rangers could be the same team they were in the mid 90's
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    bla, bla, bla.......whatever. Bottom line is................when October rolls around, Soriano and the Rangers won't be found.

BOTR
  • Options

<< <i>i like soriano and really want to see him do well but i still haven't seen the plate discipline he needs to go to the next level in what still may be the career of superstar. >>

Highend
    I agree, the guy is a world class athlete IMO, remember a few years ago when he was chasing 40/40? He practically screwed his bat timing into the ground! It carried into the world series - he was pressing too much to hit that last HR. Not sure, but I think he overtries at times. I think I'll hold onto his RC's - they're good.
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    highendhighend Posts: 534
    mike- soriano has WAY too much upside to even consider dumping his cards. i don't collect modern (except heritage) but my son does, and i assure you those cards are staying in his collection....i paid alot of money for some of them!
    your right, i think alot of the 40/40 and 50/50 hype has caused him to press too much...jim
  • Options
    bla, bla, bla.......whatever. Bottom line is................when October rolls around, Bug On The Rug won't be found.

JS
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    bla blah blah, the bottom line is, there's a forum for this trollbait you spew and this isn't it.

HOW BOUT DEM NOLES JOE?!?! HOWS YOUR DAD DOING?!?!

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    Hurt

Hey thanks! Noles are preparing for another national championship run and my dad is doing great! I hope your
    family is doing well too!

Thanks
    JS