Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Problem Trading w/member from Netherlands

Has anyone traded with a member from the Netherlands? Will PM members name if requested, but not yet a flame on him.

This member said the coins he sent me were returned, he doesn't know why, suggested maybe because it was insured???

Does anyone know of an issue with having insured items from Europe being delivered to the US?

I don't what to give the OK to send uninsured for obvious reasons. He has suggested holding the coins until mine arrive....giving me the impression maybe I'm not to be trustedimage

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Yes Aija, I have an excellent suggestion. With this heightened security in lieu os all these terrorists' threats, perhaps contact your friend ans mention it may be best to call thi s swap off! JMHO.

I'll swap with anybody anytime as long as they live within the USA!imagettt
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Boom,

The problem is that my coins are SOMEWHERE, his where returned to him.
    He is now waiting for mine to arrive before he resends his.
    So he's out nothing, I'm now stuck dealing with our P.O. & I hope they honor the insurance claim I now need to file.

Just a little warning for those of you thinking of dealing with someone outside the U.S.
  • Options
    Hello ajia!

Sorry to hear from your problems!

I live in Germany and have send many coins to the US in normal and also in registered mail.
    I also got a lot of coins from the US and Canada in normal and registered mail.

I had never that the letter was send back? Yes I had some "losts" but if they was in registered
    mail I always got my money back.

wishes

Eric

Scandinavian and US coins are my pleasure!
  • Options
    I did 1 swap & 1 giveaway to the Netherlands without any problems. I suggest, if
    you are shipping to Europe, etc., that you send the package "Global Priority" mail.
    This is USPS insured & tracked.

Alex in Alaska
    Collecting Morgans in Any Grade
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    CoinHunter2003 & eric1509,

Thanks for the advice, makes it harder to trade if I have to spend $20 for shipping.

The issue, for me, is how his got returned after 2 weeks!?? Then he decides to keep his coins until mine arrive. If it was me I would be PM'ing the member & saying that I was sorry the coins were returned & how I would be sending them out again right away. The only thing we have here is our reputation, once it's shot......
    Then this KID tells me he really sent the package & "I will scan the copy of the sending note (From the post office) to make clear that the coins were sent. I can also scan the enveloppe....", well, that never arrived, or emailed.
    Then when I went to the P.O. to start the claim they wanted a letter from the receiptant, so I asked the KID again to send a letter stating that the package never arrived. I presume the P.O. needs a letter from an adult so I told him that if he was a minor (I was pretty sure he was) to have one of his parents write the letter.
    His respponce was "I will do that today..."
    That was 3 weeks ago......