Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Opinion on value of this Denarius

I just can't stop looking at the ancients lately. It's just too bad I don't know anything about them.
Can someone please help with value of this coin. Text
I would like to own but don't want to totally overbid. Also are there any good books for $100 or less on Ancients.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one think you should only collect Ancients Python. image Give up on the English stuff. image

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>I for one think you should only collect Ancients Python. Give up on the English stuff. >>

Ajaan, that's a great idea. I think I'll hold a giant giveaway.image
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Also are there any good books for $100 or less on Ancients.
    Thanks >>

Spend a bit more (a good bit) and get the Sear books, they are well worth the cost!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Michael, I'm just not sure I'll make enough purchases to justify hundreds of dollars for a book.
    If it was a book for my main area then I would spend the money.
  • Options
    I can understand that!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sear books aren't THAT expensive, are they?

Not that I'd know. I got all mine secondhand from a certain deceased monarch. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Aethelred, I assue this isn't the one your talking about. Text
  • Options
    Not really Brett, I was thinking more along the lines of the set by Sear on Romans. They cost about $90-$110 each and there are two of three that have been published.

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com