Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Coins from members in your set?

fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
I was just looking at my records and found the dimes currently in my Mercury Dime Set have coins from the following board members (not all are currently active).

Fairlaneman (five with one more on the way)
JBStevens (two)
JOM (one)
Mercury1 (six)
Merz2 (one)
(I had a coin from Wayne, but it was replaced by the one from JOM).

I also have coins pedigreed from
A. R. S. Collection (three--Yup! I have the three dimes from my 1931 Mint set) image
Benson (two
Fivaz (two)

An additional note, the 1942/41 was the first coin in my w/varieties set--it was a gift from my wife Linda!

Do you have coins in your set from other members? Would you care to share your list?

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

Comments

• Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    I have coins from members too.I believe we all have bought and sold to some other members.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    One of my favorites came from Jared (Poptopsrus) - my 1967 SMS in MS67DCAM. Actually bought two from him raw and scored that grade on both. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Insofar as my two best Jeff proof sets go, I have coins from BNE and Carl Wohlforth. Those two guys know a thing or two about Jeffs! I also have two coins in those sets from Jeff Werlin, one from Tom Becker and others whose names you would not know ...
  • Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    Let's see, from my merc set...

I have 3 from LucyBop image
    1 from DeepCoin
    Had 1 NGC from Rick Kay, but that's now in Lucy's toning project...
    1 from Bill Jones
    1 from jbsteven (My only Top Popimage)
    and 1 from Woodie...

That's most of my set... other sources, 1 from EBay and 2 from J.J. Teaparty...
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten great coins from Board members. I list who I got my coins from in my Registry Sets.
  • Options
    solidsolid Posts: 2,975
    Just off the top of my head I know I have nickels from at least half a dozen collectors
    here (my spreadsheet lists real names and I don't have their handles handy), plus
    mnmcoin, telecoin and of course wondercoin.
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭

<< <i>I've gotten great coins from Board members. I list who I got my coins from in my Registry Sets. >>

Me too.

I'm in the process of updating my sets to include who I got my coins from. Some have been added, others haven't. For now it's one of those "I'll finish it when I get around to it" things. image

Dan
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting thread Tony.

In the set that is now broken up only about 4 or 5 coins came from collectors that are on these boards. One thing I would like to say is that it would have been very nice if more had came from the members here because the quality is always exceptional. The rest of the coins came from many other Web Sites and dealers that post here frequently and on occasion. Probably the biggest dealer was David Lawrence and Heritage. Each probably got the pocket book for 6 or 7 coins each. Out side of those two dealers it was a coin here and a coin there.

The members that supplied coins were. Python1, where is this guy? Wayne,he is still around and alive. Tony Ciccone, where the heck did he go ? Jon, Dimeman who is lost also. JOM, who sold me the killer 26D. Aaron, who disappeared also. Mercury1, I believe this is correct, when he sold his Mercs. Sure hope I did not forget anyone because all of the coins were pretty and I appreciated getting them from the members here.

Take Care.

Ken
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Colorful coins has now passed me a 53P, 59D, and 55D....all super gem coins...All hail Craig!!! All hail Craig!!! All hail Craig!!! Keep 'em coming!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    My first top pop coin was bought from Mike Alford.
    After that, from Bear, Raycyca, Lloyd, Alex, Todd, all members of this forum.
    With a strong advise of Russ.
    Great coins from great guys.

Edson
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know what to expect when I started the thread. I do see that some of these coins move from one to the next. I think that says a lot about the collectors here!

Ken,
    Are you keeping a list of where your coins have gone? I know you'll be able to see the ones I have in my set (via photo) if you like; there could be others.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Thank Bill. Perhaps a few more.................too bad you don't like BLUE.
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Is your 61P blue??
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    I have bought coins from a number of members here, Ken, JPStevens, Grip and some others I am sure I have left off. I have always been happy with the coins. Ken, how quickly we forget, you used to have 67 NB coin from me in your set... just kidding as I bought some of the coins in the set you just broke up.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    CoinAddictCoinAddict Posts: 5,571
    In my sets there are quite a few coins from forum members.image
    In my proof Jeffersons I have 5 coins:
    1942 T-1 from casabrown
    1954 from mnmcoin
    1957 from BNE
    1958 from poptopsRus
    1964 from RGL

In my MS Franklins I have 8 coins:
    1949-S from LucyBop
    1951 from mnmcoin
    1953-S from LucyBop
    1954-D from lablover
    1955 from mnmcoin
    1957-D from lablover
    1960 from FC57coins
    1963-D from mnmcoin
  • Options
    the finest i've purchased are from Lucy and Wondercoin
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Tony Ciccone, where the heck did he go ? >>

He was at the TNA show this weekend. I got a nice (original!) Antitam Commem from him.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony and Rick and RainbowRoosies. The mind, memory wise, just is not what it use to be. Heck if I can remember what happened yesterday, life is good. image

Sorry for forgetting Rick and RR on coins purchased from members. image

Take Care.

Ken
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Mercury set includes coins from Fairlaneman ('35-S and '43-S) and JB Steven ('17-S). Others may have come from members using eBay aliases. Among dealers, I've purchased several from Larry Whitlow ('16-S, '35-P, '44-P) and David Lawrence ('21-D, '29-S, '40-S). I'm probably missing a few, but these are the ones that first come to mind.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    Most of my coins in my set are from members:

2 from Lucybop
    2 from Jacktheknife
    2 from Coinbuf
    2 from Wayneherndon

The other one (I have totally 9 coins in my set) is from e-bay, and I'm not sure if that is a board member.

I will also add one from Stewart Blay soon...

Dennis
  • Options
    I have a Jeff in my 1958 PR Registry set from Carl Wohlforth. He does know his Jeffs.

http://www.pcgs.com/new_set_registry/display_coins.chtml?regsetid=19273&rank=4&alltime=yes

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hadn't really thought about it until now. I've purchased from EagleEye, Boiler78, RKKay, Newmismatist, Shylock, BigMoose, BigE, MrEureka, STEWARTBLAYNUMIS, Julian, MS68, Legend, Coinguy and possibly one or 2 others.

Who would I like to buy a coin from?? Cardinal!
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    I've had the great pleasure of buying many coins from many forum members. I'm also very happy to have placed some of my best proof Jeffersons with forum members. Sometimes it seems like a small world.
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Well I believe half of my coins are from board members some noteworthy but not limit too. ( Mitch Wondercoin, Nick, Tim, and Lucy.
  • Options
    I have bought coins from various forum members, yes.
    J.Kriek
    Morgan Dollar Aficionado & Vammer
    Current Set: Morgan Hit List 40 VAM Set